Friday- V is for... Winner is Barry

Moderator: Golda

I did a flat card (front/back only) to make it feel like the old fashioned kind of Valentines.
Elaine
eoconnell

Terrie, your card does look very vintage. Love, love, love the muted colors. And the added sponging on the edges really adds to its charm. PS-I will be CASEing that color combo as I love it!

Trudi, your valentines with the pinks and little stickers are so cute. But I really like the B&W ones. The chalkboard heart looks especially vintage and kudos for making several cards for a wedding gift. [I picked up some of that paper at JoAnnes recently, so will be CASEing your card, too.]

Golda, you really nailed the vintage look with the embossing and also the bit of distressing on the edges. And the sentiment is perfect with the image. [Plus you decorated the inside? I know that you don't usually do that but looks like you left lots of room for writing. Love that.]

Elaine, how fun that you made a valentine that mimics the old-timey ones... with no fold/inside. And your fan and matching sentiment is great. [I remember that you also don't usually do "vintage" which is why my challenge had several options- vintage or valentine or both. You did both and beautifully. How fun that your "vintage" has a bit of a trendy feeling. Thanks for stepping outside of your comfort zone.]

All of you get two entries for making Valentines... but also including a vintage feeling. Yay. Thanks to all of you for playing along.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, great set of cards....your all set for Valentine's Day...
Golda, I like your key and hear images and the prefect sentiment.
Elaine, what fun to receive your old fashion card...I miss those time.

well done ladies and tfs
terrie

Elaine - I love that you did "flat" cards...I really love how you used the fan image!
Trudeenr

I'm a fan of your fun card, Elaine! Great job on it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

As most of you know Vintage and Valentines are my most difficult cards to create. But I gave it the old college try and here is what I came up with:

Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry... what you came up with is a beauty of a card. It is perfectly vintage and a valentine... so you nailed both parts of the challenge. [And I struggle with vintage and especially shabby chic, too. So... this was also a challenge for the host.]
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Barry, great job with the vintage!
Elaine
eoconnell

Great job Barry! Your card is very much like the old vintage cards with all it's layers!
Trudeenr

Fantastic job Barry! I love the shiny card, as well as your fun hearts and cupid.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to Love--February 6-9, 2019