Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - Winner is GOLDA!

Moderator: Golda

Hello once again, my second challenge for today is from the musical "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" based on the short story "The Sobbin' Women" by Stephen Vincent Benet. Its a western musical about 7 unruly men, the oldest takes a bride to help with the "chores and such" but Millie has plans of her own....she promptly begins teaching the brothers proper behavior, and most importantly, how to court a woman. But after the brothers kidnap six local girls during a town barn-raising, a group of indignant villagers tries to track them down. This is my all time favorite musical that has ever been written, I have even had the good fortune to have performed in 3 different versions as three different brothers at three different theaters. I adore this show. Here is a clip from the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0xxT0glNsQ

My "7 brides....." inspired card is for you to create a card using only 7 items on your card, no more and no less. Your card base doesn't count. For my example: on top of my brown card base I mounted a smaller white card (1) I stamped the sentiment at an angle on a second smaller cut piece of white card (2). I cut the DP at an angle for the bottom portion (3), I added brown sparkly washi tape to cover the seam (4), I wrapped twine around the card on top of the washi tape (5), I colored my little viking image with my copic markers, cut it out and mounted it (6) and finally I added just a little red bling in the center of the compass (7):

Each person that plays along with my challenge and posts a picture of your entry by midnight Tuesday 6/18/19, will be entered into a drawing for a random winner to receive a small prize from me.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

1. Trudi
2. Kathy
3. Golda
4. Elaine
5. Terrie
Last edited by Prince of Paper on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, stellar card! I adore your little Viking boy. The clip is adorable and the musical looks fun, but I was distracted by her itty-bitty waist!
Elaine
eoconnell

Your card is so wonderful Barry! I loved the show and can't wait to create something with your challenge
Jane
Jane from Utah

I've watched this many years ago...
again Barry great looking card.
terrie

What a fabulous card! This is going to be fun to figure out.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Barry - This is one of my favorite musical movies growing up! Your card is adorable and I can't wait to try out the challenge!
Trudeenr

Barry, this will be a fun... but challenging challenge because it involved MATH. :lol:
That said, it also warms my heart. My sweet mom LOVED musicals so I grew up on them. She was especially fond of ANYTHING with Elvis... but I do remember watching Brigadoon [a favorite of mine] and also Seven Brides for Seven brothers, perched on the sofa with a big ol' bowl of freshly popped corn. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
I'll definitely find time to make a card with 7 items this weekend.
PS It would be so fun to one day see you on stage. Maybe the remaining wcc members need to meet up to do that? How fun would it be to meet everyone in person?
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

While at Goodwill, I found a Halloween scrapbook page kit that had never been opened for $2.99! Since it was sitting on the table, I decided this was the perfect challenge for all the die cuts in this treasure!

1-P1380023.JPG
1-P1380023.JPG (28.24 KiB) Viewed 2118 times

1-P1380025.JPG
1-P1380025.JPG (29.28 KiB) Viewed 2118 times

1 - background scene
1 - moon/cloud fussy cut
1 - cloud fussy cut
1 - bat die cut
3 - jack-o-lantern die cuts

7 items....
Trudeenr

Nicely done, Trudi!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Good job Trudi and great find at Goodwill!
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to Musical Mania--June 12-15, 2019