Christmas is Coming!

Moderator: Golda

I know it's fast but, here's the next one:

Wrapping or bags?

I enjoy wrapping, then putting that box in another box and wrapping that, etc. Though I do use bags, too. :lol:
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

2 Christmas Presents that stand out to me

As a young teenager, my Dad was really into photography. He was friends with the owner of the local camera shop...and he'd gotten a Pentex camera as a trade in. My Dad bought it for me as my Christmas gift...I still own it. (it doesn't work any more). We spent a lot of time together capturing the "perfect" image...back when you only had 24 or 36 shots and never knew what you had until you PAID for the film developing! (Dad still is into photography and has super nice digital cameras and taught Katrina how to take pictures and they go on photo safari's regularly!)

After we moved into this house, the only way to access stuff in the attic was to have Stephen bring in the ladder, he would go into the attic, I'd have to move the ladder out of the way for him to hand stuff down (I'd be standing on a chair to reach the items) and then move the ladder back so Stephen could get down. Not a pleasant event... So one Christmas, Stephen bought me a pull-down attic ladder! It was AWESOME and I still LOVE it! Now I can access my fancy dishes, decorations, and odds and ends anytime I want and I don't need his help! (well, except the box with the Christmas tree or the portable air conditioner!)
Trudeenr

Golda wrote:I know it's fast but, here's the next one:

Wrapping or bags?

I enjoy wrapping, then putting that box in another box and wrapping that, etc. Though I do use bags, too. :lol:

I enjoy wrapping...and I've watched a documentary on NHK-Japan about the use of wrapping clothes and the symbolism of the clothes.

PS don't let my dad wrap the presents...he'll wrap the present with paper then wrap it again in a box, another box, DUCT TAPE around the ENTIRE BOX, another box, more duct tape, and then pretty paper! That's how he wrapped my camera! We always make sure to have a pocket knife nearby anytime we open presents from my parents!
Trudeenr

I love to wrap! I do use bags if it's an odd shape or can't find a box for it but wrapping is my jam.
Elaine
eoconnell

The gift that I received that stayed in my mind after all these years is when Vince and I bought this house just a few weeks before Christmas....my daughter Monique came over (December 23) while I was at work and painted and decorated my whole bathroom I'm saying she decorated with everything from a shower curtain, towels, rugs, candle and picture frames...what a surprise coming home to this wonderful gift...

I love to wrap and picking Christmas wrapping paper for each grand kids.
I also use bags now and then.
terrie

Trudeenr wrote:
Golda wrote:I know it's fast but, here's the next one:

Wrapping or bags?

I enjoy wrapping...and I've watched a documentary on NHK-Japan about the use of wrapping clothes and the symbolism of the clothes.

PS don't let my dad wrap the presents...he'll wrap the present with paper then wrap it again in a box, another box, DUCT TAPE around the ENTIRE BOX, another box, more duct tape, and then pretty paper! That's how he wrapped my camera! We always make sure to have a pocket knife nearby anytime we open presents from my parents!

Your dad sounds like my kind of wrapper! It's fun that way, as you never know when you'll get to the actual present. :lol:
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

terrie wrote:The gift that I received that stayed in my mind after all these years is when Vince and I bought this house just a few weeks before Christmas....my daughter Monique came over (December 23) while I was at work and painted and decorated my whole bathroom I'm saying she decorated with everything from a shower curtain, towels, rugs, candle and picture frames...what a surprise coming home to this wonderful gift...

I love to wrap and picking Christmas wrapping paper for each grand kids.
I also use bags now and then.

Oh, Terrie, that sounds like an absolutely amazing gift!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

It's payroll day, so I'm a bit late, but not as late as yesterday. ;)

What are your favorite Christmas colors?

I love blue and white/silver. Don't know why those appeal to me so much, but I much prefer those of the "traditional colors". My mom definitely goes with traditional, so it isn't from her.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I like blue and silver/white or red and gold.
Trudeenr

I also love blue, silver and white....

Once I wrapped a gift for one of my grand daughter Emily.....for years she wanted a birthstone ring and I told her I would get one for her and every year her list didn't include the ring so I never got it but one year I did (she waited 4 yrs) so I wrapped her ring in 4 different boxes and I taped those boxes big time, it took her 10 minutes to finally get the ring.
terrie

PreviousNext

Return to It's Coming Crop--October 16-19, 2019