Christmas is Coming!

Moderator: Golda

terrie wrote:I also love blue, silver and white....

Once I wrapped a gift for one of my grand daughter Emily.....for years she wanted a birthstone ring and I told her I would get one for her and every year her list didn't include the ring so I never got it but one year I did (she waited 4 yrs) so I wrapped her ring in 4 different boxes and I taped those boxes big time, it took her 10 minutes to finally get the ring.

I bet she was so very excited!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next question:

Tinsel, or NO!!!!?

If you can't tell, I'm totally in the NO!!!!!! category regarding tinsel. Don't like the sparkly bits on tissue paper and wrapping paper, either. Granted it's pretty, but it sticks around forever (not quite, but sure seems like it).
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I'm with you Golda NO tinsel....no no no no no
terrie

No to tinsel but yes to sparkly tissue paper.
Elaine
eoconnell

I like the look of tinsel IN SOMEONE ESLE'S house! No way is it coming into my house!
Trudeenr

First question for today:

What is your MUST HAVE Christmas decoration?

I always make pine scented votives, which I love to have burning all over the house. We use a fake tree, so I like the scent and it also is fun making them. Unfortunately, ran out my favorite scent last year and the company that made it went out of business. Now I'm going to have to find another scent that I really like. Granted, it's way too much scent for my husband's taste, but I really do like it! :lol: I do put the votives in fun holders all over the house and are a necessary part of my decorating.

My favorite decoration at my mom's house are her bubble lights. Apparently, they were very popular when she was a kid, though not as safe, so she has collected several strands of them for their tree. My dad loves to have a toy train running around the bottom of their tree, as well.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Because I'm gone pet sitting for most of the holidays, I haven't done much the last few years. That being said, I always decorate my mantel and I have some pictures that I made and a couple the grandkids made when they were young, so they always go up. Plus a wreath on the door is a must for me.
Elaine
eoconnell

Next question:

What is your favorite Christmas treat?

Some of you have answered this a bit in other questions, but let us know.

My paternal grandfather's oldest sister (he was the youngest of 13) used to spend the winter out here, and she always made Old Fashioned Sour Cream Sugar Cookies. Those were one of the few treats I couldn't pass up as a kid. Fortunately, she passed the recipe on to a few of the family, my mother included, before she died. I love making those cookies, even now. Definitely not a cookie you want to snag a bit of the dough from, but they are fabulous cooked.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Well for my sad memory I lost my dad on December 6th and my husbands father passed away on the 21st. The day after his birthday. Both in the same year, We had two funerals before Christmas day...

Our Christmas tradition was making sugar cookies with my mom and my two brothers, When my girls came along then we made them together every year until they got there own families.

My favorite treat has to be Raisin Filled Cookies and my moms fruit cake.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Cream Wafer cookies. I hadn't made them in years because they are delicate and time consuming (but oh so good!). I had a Christmas party last year and made them and they were a huge hit.
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cr ... 9ae3d86aba
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to It's Coming Crop--October 16-19, 2019