Wednesday Challenge - Steak - Winner is TRUDI

Moderator: Golda

Steak is one of those dishes that is plain and simple, but it always has color (different colors for different people ;) ) and can have a bit of garnish on it.

So, your steak challenge is to do a plain and simple colored panel - yep, something you have to color. Now, as many forms of coloring go through the card, you are encouraged to put your panel on a layer on your base. And, you can add just a bit of garnish, or bling, if you want. :lol:

Here are my examples:
2-8-20 Steak Examples (300x178).jpg
2-8-20 Steak Examples (300x178).jpg (61.3 KiB) Viewed 2481 times

You can color with whatever medium you want - have fun with it. I used watercolor pencils on the frog panel and regular colored pencils on the elephant panel.

You have until midnight on Tuesday, February 18 to complete the challenge and post your picture here to be entered in a random drawing for a small prize from me.

Participants:
Elaine
Terrie
Trudi
Kathy

Good grief, it's sad when I drop the ball. Trudi, you are the winner. I'll get your prize out in the next couple of days.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

How fun, Golda. I love the "garnish" idea. (You have me thinking of bling in a whole new light!) I am working on two big grant reports, but do plan to find some time to play this week. And possibly to enjoy a steak or two!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Two really cute cards Golda, and a very different challenge. It should be fun.
Jane
Jane from Utah

I agree your cards are really nice......oh I have to put the thinking hat for this challenge.
terrie

Have fun coloring! On the elephant card, my "garnish" was the two stamped leaf branches that I colored, so I didn't add any bling on that one. But, parsley is leaves and I often get sprigs of parsley laid on my steak. :lol:
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Nice cards Golda! Home from the beach and ready to play!
Elaine
eoconnell

How fun Golda! I hope I am able to "see" well enough to participate...I scratched my glasses and had to turn them into the Vision center for they to MAIL OUT to replace the lens!!!!! I'm going to have to stop at the Dollar store and pick up some cheater glasses so I can SEE! (I might put Katrina to work coloring some images for me...you think the teachers at the High School will mind her coloring during the biology movie or math "homework" time?)
Trudeenr

Trudeenr wrote:How fun Golda! I hope I am able to "see" well enough to participate...I scratched my glasses and had to turn them into the Vision center for they to MAIL OUT to replace the lens!!!!! I'm going to have to stop at the Dollar store and pick up some cheater glasses so I can SEE! (I might put Katrina to work coloring some images for me...you think the teachers at the High School will mind her coloring during the biology movie or math "homework" time?)

Woe, bummer! Hope they come back quickly for you!
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudeenr wrote:How fun Golda! I hope I am able to "see" well enough to participate...I scratched my glasses and had to turn them into the Vision center for they to MAIL OUT to replace the lens!!!!! I'm going to have to stop at the Dollar store and pick up some cheater glasses so I can SEE! (I might put Katrina to work coloring some images for me...you think the teachers at the High School will mind her coloring during the biology movie or math "homework" time?)

Not good. Hopefully your glasses get back to you quickly.

As long as Katrina doesn't get caught coloring, she's probably good. :lol: Though, she might want want to stick with the school work and maybe color when she gets home. ;)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Hope I did this right. Colored with Copics, put on a layered base and gave it a little bling.
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to Nom Nom Crop--February 12-15, 2020