January 8-14 Try It-You'll Like It

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Elaine, that is a great card!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine, your card is so cute! I’m ready for April showers instead of the freezing rain we are having right now. Yuck!! I agree about the boot color. It looks great with the fron DP but not the inside. Maybe the yellow? Thanks for trying this fold.
Ellie

Great looking card Elaine...
terrie

Love your card Elaine!!!!
Linda Jo

These cards are all so wonderful. They each have their own personality... just like their creators! (And Terrie, I agree with the others, your penguin is way to cute to be trashed. I'm betting that whoever receives that cute card won't even notice any buckling!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Making this card was my way to celebrate the end of a long, and very cold, week. And I love the way it turned out! Thanks for sharing the video, Ellie. I'll be using this fold again.
But I did realize how badly I need to purchase some circle dies. It was difficult to hand cut two circles and have them slide smoothly. I ended up doing lots of trimming and re-trimming. And the circle got bigger and bigger.

The inside greeting reads, "A party without cake is just a meeting." Julia Child

ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh my gosh, Kathy, you hand cut circles??? GIRL! You get extra points for that! Cute card too.
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, that is great! Sorry you had so much trouble with your circles.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy - great card...I splurged and bought some oval dies just for this challenge!

This card was a challenge for me...I put the folding mechanism on backwards TWICE! Once it was on correctly, I lifted the edges and put E6000 glue on them to keep it together! I do love the finished card, so I will definitely make some more of these folds.

P1350830.JPG
P1350830.JPG (24.49 KiB) Viewed 131 times
P1350831.JPG
P1350831.JPG (19.57 KiB) Viewed 131 times
Trudeenr

Kathy, your birthday cake looks delicious! I totally agree with Julia, a party must have cake. I’m glad you got the circles evened out.

Trudi, your mermaid is just adorable! Cute card.

Thank you both for playing along.
Ellie

PreviousNext

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!