Make mine half & half - May 13 - May 19

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Elaine I also like your lace border punch and your wild flowers are whimsical (you all know I love that) and beautifully colored.
Terrie wonderful card, what I like the most is the paper you chose for the the rind on the watermelon, it gives the illusion that it is like the real thing. Nicely done both of you!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Oh, I am liking the cards! Elaine, that is really pretty. Terrie, I love those watermelon slices, so they were definitely worth the effort.

Good grief, finished this early this morning, but my husband works from home on Wednesday, so I couldn't use the computer to upload. The picture from my phone was too big to post, so tried emailing it to myself at work. Fortunately, I have a basic picture program on here, so hopefully this will load. If not, I'll try to get it up tonight. Had fun with it, but it did take a while, simply because so many other things had to be done and doing something fun falls last on the list. But, I made sure I did it, 'cause I had a fun idea when I saw the challenge on Monday.

IMG_1450.jpg
IMG_1450.jpg (62.46 KiB) Viewed 176 times

Like I said, basic picture program, so it looks a little weird, but at least I was able to post.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda I love it! I am totally casing this look from you for a future card. I love the strips of paper background! Actually adore that aspect. I love how the coordinating stripes at placed at an angle on your sentiment. ADORE!!!

Thanks for playing along.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Awww, thank you Barry!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, that is so cute! What a smart idea on your stripes!

Could I beg a couple corgi images from you? One of my clients has a corgi and I would love to make her a couple special cards. Happy to trade some images if you need anything I have. TIA.
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Golda, that is so cute! What a smart idea on your stripes!

Could I beg a couple corgi images from you? One of my clients has a corgi and I would love to make her a couple special cards. Happy to trade some images if you need anything I have. TIA.

The set belongs to a friend of mine, so I'll borrow it and make you some.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda wrote:
eoconnell wrote:Golda, that is so cute! What a smart idea on your stripes!

The set belongs to a friend of mine, so I'll borrow it and make you some.

Only if it's not a problem and there is absolutely no rush since I don't have a job lined up with her at the moment. Thank you either way though!
Elaine
eoconnell

Yay. I got my card made. Used an old stamp... not a digital... which is unusual for me these days.
I added a whisp of cotton as photo exhaust. So fun.

I made a second card using this stamp - since I had it out and all. Thought that some of you might like it... I sure do.
It's tedious, but so much fun. Here are details that I lifted from my blog. They include a template for the jacket so thought you might want them.
" I found a pattern for the leather motorcycle jacket HERE- https://craftsbytwo.com/video-leather-m ... cket-card/. [It's an SVG so I had to make some adjustments and estimations, but it wasn't too hard to revise.] I had a roll of foil tape in my stash and it worked perfectly for making the buckle and zipper pulls, plus made the "silver brads" by using a small circle punch. Easy peasy. [The foil tape, named HVAC Multipurpose tape, is available from most hardware stores and is fairly inexpensive. It is fairly easy to cut, but a bit more difficult to punch. The good thing is that it doesn't require any adhesive for the little pieces parts.]
I made a label for the jacket by printing "Celebrate" onto tan cardstock, sponged the edges with brown ink and sketched stars with a light tan pen. Layered atop a scrap of white paper, and made a tiny size tag, printing "LG" on it and taping it to the label. After constructing the jacket, the final touches were to add stitching to the jacket, pockets, belt, and label with a regular school pencil.
This is being given to a friend who is retiring and taking his wife of 50 years on a cross country motorcyle trip. So that is a gas card tucked into the inside pocket.
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Mon May 20, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Love the creative smoke from tailpipe! Perfect card for a motorcycle enthusiast.
Elaine
eoconnell

I like how the frame around the motorcycle is effected by the speed and exhaust. Well done Kathy!
Barry
Prince of Paper

PreviousNext

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!