6x6 wonder - October 18 - October 24

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Amazing what a crafter can do with a 6x6 pattern paper....
I used Peanuts and Pepper Papercrafting on Pinterest for my inspiration and this challenge.
Attachments
20211020_094707.jpg
20211020_094707.jpg (76.17 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
terrie

Terrie, those are really beautiful! I love the colors very much and look, just like that you have 5 cards done! I love it!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Trudi, your Halloween cards are great! Sorry you had an upset stomach, but what a way to cheer your teen up.

Terrie, I love those!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great job Terrie!
Elaine
eoconnell

Okay, watched a few of the 6x6 One Sheet Wonder videos on Monday and didn't like any of them, so sketched out my own.
10-22-21 One Sheet Wonder Pattern (300x291).jpg
10-22-21 One Sheet Wonder Pattern (300x291).jpg (83.91 KiB) Viewed 1374 times

Cut the pieces out of 2 6x6 inch pieces of patterned paper after work on Monday, then spent the rest of the week doing the rest of the pieces. Had to figure out what to do with the left over pieces when I was done with my 6 frog cards, so made those last 2 cards today.
10-22-21 WCC One Sheet Wonder (300x240).jpg
10-22-21 WCC One Sheet Wonder (300x240).jpg (89.32 KiB) Viewed 1374 times

The thing I don't like about one sheet wonders is that I run out of ideas before I'm done with all the pieces! :shock: :? :( Oh well, I now have an additional 8 cards that are okay. I like a few of the frog ones.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Good job Golda. Your recipients don't need to know you don't love the cards; they'll still be appreciated!
Elaine
eoconnell

Barry, I haven't done this for a while. But your cards inspired me!

Trudi, your added to the incentive to create. (And am glad your daughter has you during this rotten time. As Barry said, we know it is part of growing up... but those first loves are so bittersweet! My older brothers wanted to "take out" the first guy that broke my heart. They always picked on me but offered to "end" the guy that hurt my heart? They were so weird!)

Terrie, I love your thank-you card selection. The colors are yummy!

Golda, I agree with Elaine, your cards will delight those who receive them. (And I love the frog ones!)

Found a 6x6 coffee paper pad with a few sheets of paper left and got to work! Like Golda, I never know what to do with all the little pieces-parts. So I found a video on Pinterest that provided the five layouts and they went together really quickly.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/323062973278843765/
Actually, it is called a "double 6x6 wonder" and used two sheets. This worked really well with the double-sided sheets as it gave me even more options for matching the papers. I made four of the layouts, then used the remaining pieces, plus a few extra bits from the coffee pad to create a quilt card. The other four layouts will be used later when needed.

ImageImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

That’s great Kathy. I’m thinking I’m just stubborn and like doing things my own way.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

That’s great Kathy. I’m thinking I’m just stubborn and like doing things my own way.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Barry, I haven't done this for a while. But your cards inspired me!

Trudi, your added to the incentive to create. (And am glad your daughter has you during this rotten time. As Barry said, we know it is part of growing up... but those first loves are so bittersweet! My older brothers wanted to "take out" the first guy that broke my heart. They always picked on me but offered to "end" the guy that hurt my heart? They were so weird!)

Katrina had the worst week ever...first the breakup, then missing homework notebook with all 4 complete AP Stats homework went missing (finally found in the sewing machine box AFTER she redid it all), then she went to the dance and could NOT get in! Apparently their new computer system (covid tracking software) had a glitch on the day she pre-registered and it did NOT go thru, so they wouldn't let her in! Lots of tears shed...and angry Papa Bear stomping around didn't help anything either! Big sister Samantha came down a they had a Horror Movie Marathon and lots of junk food and it lifted her mood! If anyone ever asks if I want to redo high school life the answer is HECK NO...
Trudeenr

PreviousNext

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!