Kindness Matters 12/30-1/5

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

As we head into 2020, I thought a nice challenge would be Random Acts of Kindness (RAKs). While an unexpected note of care to a family or friend will absolutely count, I am going to challenge you to think outside of your circle of family and friends. It doesn't need to be a big grandiose gesture, because ALL KINDNESS MATTERS.

If you need some help getting the creative juices flowing, here are some suggestions:
- Leave a card for your favorite waiter/waitress that you always ask for their station
- A note to that cashier you seek out because they are fast and NICE
- The local police or fire station for keeping you safe 24/7
- A shut in that would enjoy some blank cards to send out
- The Red Cross Donation Center because what they do really matters
- Drop off some cards to a local nursing home

I made some bookmarks that I'm going to slide into books at the library.

RAK Players:
1. Terrie's sister
2. Golda
Last edited by eoconnell on Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elaine
eoconnell

What a GREAT idea! Love your sweet bookmarks.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

What a great idea Elaine. I love your bookmarks. I know just what I am going to make.
Jane
Jane from Utah

What a wonderful idea!
Trudeenr

Way to go Elaine, what a great challenge....my sister wants to do this kindness challenge..we are going to the Dollar Tree Store tomorrow and see what she can get....she's a quilter so this will be fun.
terrie

Terrie, make sure she posts what she makes on here, so we can see.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine. I love this idea! And especially like your bookmarks! Hmmmm... I think I need to do some digging through my stash!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

terrie wrote:Way to go Elaine, what a great challenge....my sister wants to do this kindness challenge..we are going to the Dollar Tree Store tomorrow and see what she can get....she's a quilter so this will be fun.

So cool Terrie! Glad she'll join us and please do post what she makes.
Elaine
eoconnell

Hello from New York...
Well she did it, I never had so much fun watching my sister make these cards from really nothing.
She got a package of stickers (8) from the Dollar Store and a small tube of glue....next we went to Walmart got
3 panel of paint chips (2 blue & 1 brown/tan) plus 2 square blue paint chips...she did ask if she could take these paint chips.
The white for the base is somewhat computer paper but much thicker so it worked perfectly....we forgot to get embellishments so the dots are from a paper punch that my nephew had then we all went to my nephew office to use the paper trimmer ( I've never seen such a big trimmer in my life it was huge) to square off the cards some were kinda off (she free handed the folds) so my crafter friends here are the cards that my sister made in three days...
Oh by the way the butterfly on the top right side came from a floral wreath she had in the spare bedroom...lol
Attachments
20200101_123514.jpg
20200101_123514.jpg (58.17 KiB) Viewed 643 times
terrie

We are going back to the Dollar Store to get more stickers and paint chips at Walmart she wants to make more cards for the staff helpers at the rehab center where her husband was before he passed away last January.
The cards up above cost her $2.00 total. (stickers & glue)
terrie

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!