June 1-8- Let's Scrabble!

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Hello. We're starting a whole new month! Yay.
So, here's a whole new challenge using an old game.
The requirement is to build a sentiment or word using alphabet tiles on a card, tag, gift bag, etc. You can use one of the freebies I provide, or make your own with alphabet stickers or stamps and squares of paper.
I created two sample/inspiration cards.

For the first, a wedding card I found a blog that offers freebie scrabble tiles that can be printed off by individual letters, in this case, “L”, “V” and “E”. The “O” in the word love was created with a wedding ring (I used two circle punches and metallic gold cardstock plus a scrap of halographic sticker paper to create the diamond.) The roses are from a Jolee sticker set that I’ve had in my stash for some time. (I was saving it for something special… and this card is it!)
Link to scrabble tiles-https://www.papertraildesign.com/free-printable-scrabble-letter-tiles-sign/

For the second, a birthday card, I found a blog that provides a full-page Scrabble Freebie (with duplicate tiles like the game.) The tiles were easily cut
apart to create the “Happy Birthday” sentiment. I decorated them with gift packages, colored with stripes and dots, from a Beccy’s Place Digi set.
Link to sheet of scrabble tiles https://www.diva-girl-parties-and-stuff ... etiles.pdf

ImageImage

You'll have until next Sunday night at midnight to enter a card... or a few cards if desired.
Have fun!

Entries:
1. Terrie
2. Golda
3. Elaine
4. Trudi
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

What a fun idea, Kathy! As I've got to wrap a present for a friend this evening, I'm going to work on a gift bag.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I love to play scrabble and lately I've been playing with my grand-son and grand-daughter so much fun.
I love your samples Kathy....
terrie

Kathy, those are fun cards!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Really cute samples Kathy! Thank you for hosting.
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, this challenge couldn't of come at a better time.....My grand son is graduating on the 16th of this month it's a drive through ceremony (it is sad) but it is something for the graduates (which they lost so much since March).
Now I've played Scrabble with my best friend for years and I really mean years but since March or so Emily (grand daughter) and Caulin (grandson) and I have been playing a lot and I have to say they are pretty good...lol
So this card is for this challenge and Caulin Graduation card....I have a pet name for him which I will add it later (some people don't understand why we call each other this pet name but we have for a long time...)
Thanks Kathy for a fun challenge.
Attachments
20200602_125149.jpg
20200602_125149.jpg (58.75 KiB) Viewed 281 times
terrie

Terrie, look at you go! Looks like you did a slimline card and that's a perfect proportion for your Congrats! Nice job girlie!
Elaine
eoconnell

That's a great card for your grandson. The fact that you personalize it will make it all the more meaningful to him.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I did 3 tags. They are all using the same chipboard letters. The MOM is them in their original form. One of the other tags was changed with Nuvo stone drops and the other with heat embossing.

6-2-20 Scrabble (300x225).jpg
6-2-20 Scrabble (300x225).jpg (68.7 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Mom always said "handmade" for things of quality and "homemade" for baked goods & things that are a little wonky. Guess this falls into the homemade category.

Nice tags Golda!
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!