June 1-8- Let's Scrabble!

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Great tags Golda perfect for gifts.....they always come in handy for any occasions...
Elaine, very nice homemade card and your Mom is right about handmade & homemade
terrie

Elaine, I like your card. Personally, handmade or homemade are much more valuable than store bought.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Terrie, I love that you used the scrabble tiles to make a card for your scrabble lovin' grandson. And your card looks so wonderful masculine.

Golda, great tags. I love that you made them different with the addition of Nuvo drops and Embossing!

Elaine, I've never heard the difference between handmade and homemade. And I think your card qualifies as the first as it doesn't look wonky to me!

Thanks for participating, ladies.

PS- Sorry I have been an absent host this week. I do have a valid reason! I was feeling odd the first few days of the week. I was tired, and had mild vertigo that increased drastically on Wednesday when my hubby took my BP and it was 220/121. So off to ER we went. Four hours and lots of tests and blood work later my BP was down... but the tests showed just a few minor issues. So I was told to see my doctor the next day for a followup. I did that and some adjustments were made in my meds. I am feeling better but it will take a few weeks to see if this keeps my BP at healthy levels.
I do think that part of the issue is that I'm finding it hard to manage a staff of four, all working from home, for such an extended period. They are an amazing team, but it is challenging to find creative ways to keep us all productive with our time so that I can justify our salaries to funders. In a time when many people have lost their jobs, or are on furlough or unemployment, we are am thankful we still have jobs. In truth, this bout with BP was a wake-up call for me to look at the need to reduce stress... and also weight. (Both are not easy to do right now when confined to home!! And when I speak the same language as ice cream. I can hear it calling to me right now!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Terrie, I love that you used the scrabble tiles to make a card for your scrabble lovin' grandson. And your card looks so wonderful masculine.

Golda, great tags. I love that you made them different with the addition of Nuvo drops and Embossing!

Elaine, I've never heard the difference between handmade and homemade. And I think your card qualifies as the first as it doesn't look wonky to me!

Thanks for participating, ladies.

PS- Sorry I have been an absent host this week. I do have a valid reason! I was feeling odd the first few days of the week. I was tired, and had mild vertigo that increased drastically on Wednesday when my hubby took my BP and it was 220/121. So off to ER we went. Four hours and lots of tests and blood work later my BP was down... but the tests showed just a few minor issues. So I was told to see my doctor the next day for a followup. I did that and some adjustments were made in my meds. I am feeling better but it will take a few weeks to see if this keeps my BP at healthy levels.
I do think that part of the issue is that I'm finding it hard to manage a staff of four, all working from home, for such an extended period. They are an amazing team, but it is challenging to find creative ways to keep us all productive with our time so that I can justify our salaries to funders. In a time when many people have lost their jobs, or are on furlough or unemployment, we are am thankful we still have jobs. In truth, this bout with BP was a wake-up call for me to look at the need to reduce stress... and also weight. (Both are not easy to do right now when confined to home!! And when I speak the same language as ice cream. I can hear it calling to me right now!!

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and sure hope you've got that BP under control I feel your pain; I have an intimate relationship with ice cream. Feel better!
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, please take care of yourself, great move on having yourself checked and BP is not a symptom to be over looked....
terrie

terrie wrote:Kathy, this challenge couldn't of come at a better time.....My grand son is graduating on the 16th of this month it's a drive through ceremony (it is sad) but it is something for the graduates (which they lost so much since March).
Now I've played Scrabble with my best friend for years and I really mean years but since March or so Emily (grand daughter) and Caulin (grandson) and I have been playing a lot and I have to say they are pretty good...lol
So this card is for this challenge and Caulin Graduation card....I have a pet name for him which I will add it later (some people don't understand why we call each other this pet name but we have for a long time...)
Thanks Kathy for a fun challenge.

Terrie, did you sponge the sides of the Scrabble tiles and maybe mount them with foam tape? They look so real!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Yes I did I inked them and mounted every other one.
I printed the sheet of scrabble tile that you posted.
terrie

Kathy, take care of yourself! Reducing your stress sounds more like a necessity than something you're "trying to do".
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Now that my parent's 50th Anniversary Party...ummmm...PARADE...is over, I can focus on making cards again!

Here's what I made for my BFF ...

1-20200607_234305.jpg
1-20200607_234305.jpg (82.12 KiB) Viewed 436 times

Kathy - please take time to take care of yourself and I hope the change in meds help!
Trudeenr

Trudi, that is a wonderful card! I love the heart as the flower center and how your card is a whole lot of words built off one another like the actual game.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Previous

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!