"Thanks to the Cathouse (I'm in the Doghouse with You)"

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Welcome to the first of the July/August 2020 challenges and the theme is "Songs". I chose the Johnny Paycheck song "Thanks to the Cathouse (I'm in the Doghouse with you)" yes that is the title of his song. The same singer who wrote and sang "Take this job and shove it". So my challenge for you is to create a card with a cat or a dog as the main focus. An extra point if you can create a funny caption to go along with your card. Here are two examples of a card with a cat and one with a dog.

You have until next Sunday, July 12th to get out of the doghouse to win a prize from me!

Have fun and I cannot wait to see what you create!

Those not in the cat house nor the dog house:

1. Elaine
2. Elaine (extra point just for doing 4 cards!)
3. Golda
4. Golda (extra point)
5. Kathy
6. Kathy (extra point - Purrfect!)
7. Terrie
8. Trudi
9. Trudi
Last edited by Prince of Paper on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Hilarious song choice Barry! As usual, great cards. I have a new dog die set I haven't used and need to break out. Thanks for the motivation.
Elaine
eoconnell

Barry, I love your cards! The sentiment on the first made me laugh. This will be a fun one. I'll have to find the song and listen to it.
* * * Okay, that was a weird song. I'll definitely have fun with the challenge, though.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

What a fun challenge! Now I need to dig through my stamps and find the cat & dog ones...I haven't used either sets in forever!
Trudeenr

Golda wrote:Barry, I love your cards! The sentiment on the first made me laugh. This will be a fun one. I'll have to find the song and listen to it.
* * * Okay, that was a weird song. I'll definitely have fun with the challenge, though.

Yes, It is a weird and not very optimistic song I chose it simply because the title was silly.
Barry
Prince of Paper

The title is lots of fun!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

These are going to Cricket's mom. He's a Westie. I got the die & the embellishments as prizes here. Thanks, cuz I just love them!!!

Elaine
eoconnell

Barry, what a fun challenge. I never listen to country music (it was all I heard growing up... so have sworn it off for life!) but I do lover dogs and cats. So count me in! Oh... and your sample cards are great.
Elaine, your Westie cards are adorable. Love the plaid backgrounds with the white pup!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

What a fantastic die set! So very cute! thank you for playing along this week Elaine, you are not in the doghouse! :)
Barry
Prince of Paper

Elaine, those are adorable!

Here's what I made:
7-7-20 Cathouse (229x300).jpg
7-7-20 Cathouse (229x300).jpg (66.36 KiB) Viewed 553 times

And the inside:
7-7-20 Cathouse In (227x300).jpg
7-7-20 Cathouse In (227x300).jpg (54.66 KiB) Viewed 553 times

Had fun with this one, though my Silhouette and I had a couple of disagreements along the way.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!