Twist and Shout July 13-19

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-VAxGJdJeQ
This song brought me back to my teens! This week's challenge is to make a twist card (and you will shout YEHAW! when you're done). This was my first attempt and was easier than I expected. I figured I should push myself to do something new since I'm home so much right now. Here's a couple videos for you to follow.
This is the one I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkjEiJhn9Ms&t=727s
But this one by MayMay has directions for different sizes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZ2gz3eOEw&t=911s
If you haven't made one before, the only tricky part is the operational piece. MayMay has a great tutorial on this part of the card but the beginning of her video is a little confusing for a newbie because she's talking about so many different sizes.

Here's my sample. I left it unadorned until I figure out who it's going to and for what occasion.

Twisted Sisters (& Brother):
1. Terrie
2. Golda
3. Barry
4. Kathy
Last edited by eoconnell on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elaine
eoconnell

Oh... what a sweet card. And good idea to leave it unadorned for future use.
I have only made one of these cards in my life and I do remember that it was pretty easy. So I'll try to find some time this week to get one made! Thanks for the inspiration... and the links.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Fun challenge and great looking card Elaine....
I tried this once and I had problem with it.
terrie

Love it...I think we had a challenge for it WAY WAY WAY back! Now to clear the sewing stuff off the table so I can get out pretty papers!
Trudeenr

Elaine, what a fun card! Love the song, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Whoo-Hoo I made a card and entered a challenge......lol....even though it took all afternoon.
I really wanted to make the card with flowers so I don't know why it turned out to be a child's birthday card....another LOL
Attachments
20200715_160454.jpg
20200715_160454.jpg (50.4 KiB) Viewed 508 times
20200715_160543.jpg
20200715_160543.jpg (72.21 KiB) Viewed 508 times
terrie

Terrie - what a fun card!
Trudeenr

Terrie, you got it made and it is wonderful! That is the best part.

Here's what I did:
7-15-02 WCC Twist Out (248x300).jpg
7-15-02 WCC Twist Out (248x300).jpg (91.55 KiB) Viewed 498 times

This is the front. Another piece that I had done for Barry's Cathouse challenge that didn't fit. I loved it, so saved it and thought it would be perfect for this. Chose the papers to go along with it.

7-15-20 WCC Twist In (254x300).jpg
7-15-20 WCC Twist In (254x300).jpg (77.85 KiB) Viewed 498 times

Yes, it says "fight". My bosses daughter has had to reschedule her location wedding. She's having all sorts of problems with family, wedding party members dropping out, locations, restaurants, etc. Figured I would give this to her. I will tell you, that the more folds you have, the thicker it gets, so this would need extra postage to mail.

I had fun with the cat theme. It's rather funny that I keep doing cat cards, as I am not a fan of the creatures. When I was growing up, our next door neighbors had 18 indoor cats and fed all the feral cats in the area. They fed them a LOT, so there were always a minimum of 50 running around, doing their cat things, which included invading our yard when we didn't have dogs that would go after them, being loud, etc.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Terrie, if I take off my glasses, I can see flowers! Very cute card regardless. And congrats on having the energy to get back into the craft room. Welcome back!

Golda, oh my, I love that kitty image and the inside kitty paper is adorable! I've never seen one with so many folds. Good for you! Sorry to hear about all the trouble your boss's daughter is having. I feel bad for all the people that had weddings planned and unable to go through with them. Sounds like she had trouble on steroids.
Elaine
eoconnell

Golda, I like the image on the front of your card so darn cute...well done on so many fold for the inside of your card.

It did feel good to be in my craft room it was peaceful and no anxiety...after I finished the card I just sat there maybe that is why I was in the room for a long time....LOL
terrie

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!