National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! 12/21-12/27

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

This is getting posted really early. This week is bound to be busy for all of us, so your challenge is to make whatever you forgot. I'm sure they forgot things, on the car roof, etc. in the movie. I realized I haven't started my January birthday cards, so got up yesterday morning and made this one:
12-19-20 Vacation Challenge Alt March (239x300).jpg
12-19-20 Vacation Challenge Alt March (239x300).jpg (76.23 KiB) Viewed 789 times

I timed myself and it took 53 minutes 54.73 seconds to make. Granted, I heat embossed, water colored, die cut, glued and still got it in the mail before it ran. So, not a timed thing, just make whatever you need: card, tag, place tag, etc. and post a picture of it. Then enjoy the rest of your week.

Participants:
Terrie
Elaine
Kathy
Trudi
Barry
Last edited by Golda on Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Lovely card Golda and I love the colors you chose. Personally, I can't remember what I forgot so this is a real dilemma for me!
Elaine
eoconnell

Great card Golda and I'm really behind on everything and very forgetful....
terrie

Elaine, just make what you need next. I’m very impressed you haven’t forgotten anything!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I told you all how I'm so forgetful lately, I knew I bought gift cards from Kohl's but I didn't remember where I put them and they were still in the bag when Vince went to get them....
Attachments
20201221_135445.jpg
20201221_135445.jpg (38.88 KiB) Viewed 771 times
terrie

You have a good excuse Terrie...being hospitalized twice recently would do it to anyone. Pretty card!
Elaine
eoconnell

Golda, what an intriguing challenge. I'll have to ponder this a bit. Because, as others have lamented, my fogetter is working pretty well these days!

I really like your succulent BDay card. The colors are really soothing. I have never timed how long it takes me to make a card. Not sure if I want to do that... but I do know that I can spend hours and have just a card a two to show for it. For me, putzing is therapy!

Terrie, so glad your hubby found the gift cards. And I love your snowflake card. Did you emboss the beautiful snowflake? Or is it an embellie? Enquiring Kathy's want to know! (PS I have that same embossing folder and like it. Tried embossing clear acetate with it a few days ago. Love the results!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Terrie, I'm glad you were able to find the gift cards! It's not fun when things get lost. Your card is beautiful!

Kathy, I rarely time myself, as I can take days, if not weeks to finish, depending on what all is going on. I had thought about making this a timed challenge, but figured my almost an hour for 1 card wasn't a good example. I did get way behind, so birthday cards and thank you cards are what I'm working on.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I needed a thank you card for an early gift so grabbed a photo of it.
Elaine
eoconnell

That's perfect Elaine! Love that fun bow.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!