bits and pieces 6/7 to 6/14

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

The other day I was moving things around my crafting area when I knocked the box of scrap papers onto the floor! I'm sure you all know how big of mess that was...those square filing creates hold a lot of paper! It got me thinking I really really need to use up the scraps of papers that I keep pushing aside...

Your challenge this week is to use only scraps (anything smaller than your base card) to create your card and to use up die cuts/images/embellishments that you have received as gifts or from your stash (don't stamp or die cut anything new).

My samples have: punch out images that were in a grab bag swap, the heart embossed paper had a partial large heart cut out in the middle, and everything else was in the scraps from other projects. I can't wait to see what was in your scrap paper stash!
1-P1390601.JPG
1-P1390601.JPG (51.59 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
1-P1390590.JPG
1-P1390590.JPG (53.62 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
1-P1390598-001.JPG
1-P1390598-001.JPG (51.26 KiB) Viewed 1055 times

I'll draw for a prize on the June 14th...every card will be entered into the drawing & you can be entered into the drawing more than once! Let's use up our scraps...

1. Barry (x2)
2. Terrie (x3)
3. Elaine (x6)
4. Golda (x3)
Last edited by Trudeenr on Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trudeenr

Great challenge Trudi - we all need to use up those scraps that accumulate. Love your sweet samples too! All super cute. Might possibly get a chance to play later this week; have 2 days off after this job and before I leave for NY. And thank you for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudi, I think you were in my craft room because I have lots of bits & pieces of leftover on my table so instead of storing them in my folder I will make a card for this challenge....Your cards are adorable.
terrie

Trudi, those are great examples and I love your challenge. I keep looking at my “extras” spot and thinking I really need to use them.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi, this challenge has come at a most serendipitous time since I am in the middle of redesigning and reorganizing my craft room. I did Golda's challenge using bits and pieces last week because I had all those zip lock bags of squares and frames out and sorting....and yes my plastic bins of mine are overflowing with scraps. I may have to make more than one bits and pieces card :)
Barry
Prince of Paper

Prince of Paper wrote:Trudi, this challenge has come at a most serendipitous time since I am in the middle of redesigning and reorganizing my craft room. I did Golda's challenge using bits and pieces last week because I had all those zip lock bags of squares and frames out and sorting....and yes my plastic bins of mine are overflowing with scraps. I may have to make more than one bits and pieces card :)

When you are done redesigning yours, will you come up and do mine? Having to share the area with the hubby means he's bumping into stuff, picking it up, and tossing it in a pile causing an avalanche! (You'd think now that 2 kid's bedrooms have been vacated I'd get to have a room but one is a guest/school room and the other is now Stephen's office!) I've been whittling the piles away...so at least I can get to my desk again! Hope your redesign goes well...
Trudeenr

Hi Trudi, I was hoping you would show up at my doorstep and come in and start organizing my craft room for me. :D It is taking me quite some time to go through all my stuff and toss a bunch of it. So I take time out to create cards :lol:

Here is my brown pile of scraps and an extra print and cut:

and here is the finished card:

Here is my plastic bin of greens and Cinders decided that it was her new bed (before doing some cleaning):

and here is the finished card along with a digistamp that I had printed a whole sheet to color when I only needed one but why waste a whole sheet of white cardstock for one image when whole page of them will sit in a drawer?

And I still have many more that I plan on making....but I should get back to working on organizing my craft room.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry - I love that you have a little helper helping you organize! I do wish I could come help you but you might feel like my aunt did when I helped her "down-size"...I put too much in the "get rid of" pile and not enough in the keep. (to be fair, it was kitchen things NOT crafting things...when she got to those it came to my house unless it was ruined!)

You made 2 pretty awesome cards...I really love how you colored the mermaid!
Trudeenr

When I know I'm going to make several cards of the same style I always cut more than I need...
This Friday will be Molly's last day of school so when she is with me on Thursday we made thank you cards for some of the staffers at the school that she goes to....we made 9 set I told what size to cut the paper 8x4 and she scored them and I die cut the flower (I used security envelopes) she also cut the the layered cardstock once I told what size that we needed...
So what you see now is the leftover security envelope flowers that was cut out and was not put away cause the craft room is a cyclone...
Attachments
20210602_120250.jpg
20210602_120250.jpg (87.36 KiB) Viewed 996 times
terrie

Barry what fantastic cards with your bits & pieces and what a lovely helper(your so lucky to have a helper).
What awesome color combo for both cards
terrie

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!