Summertime Spot

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Trudi, those are so sweet! I've slowly been getting back together with friends and it's strange to hug people again.
Elaine
eoconnell

Nice cards Trudi & Elaine....It's always nice to get together with friends and getting away....
terrie

Hello everyone, what I would love to do is just sit in a row boat in the middle of a nice calm lake on a beautiful day. I would take fishing gear but it would be more about the quiet and serenity.
Barry
Prince of Paper

I am so loving all of these cards and your Spots!

Terrie, that is a great camper card.
Elaine, I love your mountain scene card.
Trudi, that is a great card with the friends together and I love the cutie on the beach.
Barry, I love your idea of just quiet time on the lake. I always told people I wasn't a person to go fishing with, as I'd much rather jump in and swim, which would scare all the fish away. It wouldn't mess up the quiet time, though. :lol:

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. Lots of stuff going on that is taking WAY more time than it should.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Barry, love that image and the fish jumping is the perfect added touch.
Elaine
eoconnell

Terrie, Love your vacay home on wheels!
Elaine, I also love B&Bs... plus the ocean or the mountains. Ahhh... peace!
Trudi, How sweet that you would sacrifice spending time on the beach for your kiddos... plus still find time with your friends. SO fun!
Barry, fishing can be so peaceful. Hope you get to enjoy it occasionally?

I struggled with where I'd like to spend summers. I have never been much of a sunbather... but I have always liked the beauty of the ocean. So... settled on this representation.
Here are a few more details- I would love to someday own a little cottage near the ocean where I could enjoy not just summer, but every season! Watching the changing sky and water- especially at sunrise and/or sunset always reminds me of the wonder of God's creation. It would be like heaven on earth to spend time surrounded by such beauty!
Also, these days I'd be more likely to wear this outfit at the beach instead of a bikini! Skin cancer runs in my family, so I have always avoided spending much time in the sun. I've been called "albino-ish" over the years whenever I wore a bathings suit. I'm still "albino-ish" plus also now resemble the Pillsbury Doughboy! Um... Dough-person?!) :)

Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, you make me laugh! I love your card and your fun story.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy cute card (and you're in good company...'nough said).
Elaine
eoconnell

Barry, I love fishing especially if I'm going for trout...great card.
Kathy, I also love the beach but not so much now because of the medication I take I have to be careful even under an umbrella is not good....cute card.
terrie

Winner is posted!

Thank you all for playing along.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Previous

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!