Merry Christmas in July! 7/12 to 7/19

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

My Pen Pal sent me a Christmas Card...in July! It was a melted snowman and she put a note that Frosty was coming to visit but melted on the way! Several of the crafty swap groups I'm in are doing Christmas in July packages as well...so I thought I'd follow suit!

This week's challenge is to make CHRISTMAS EMBELLISHMENTS to have on hand for card making or CHRISTMAS ENVELOPES! So get out your stamps and dies, start fussy cutting the old Christmas cards you saved, and dig out your Christmas papers and start folding...let's make a pile of embellishments to make the Christmas card making that much easier this November!

I made a simple envelope (for the lone card I had leftover from last year) and I also made some "fancy" paperclips. Have fun...Katrina will draw for a prize next Monday morning (7/17).

1-P1390621.JPG
1-P1390621.JPG (44.33 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
1-P1390620.JPG
1-P1390620.JPG (43.2 KiB) Viewed 1668 times

1. Terrie
2. Elaine
3. Golda
4. Kathy
Last edited by Trudeenr on Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trudeenr

Fun Trudi! I like your embellishments and it's never too early to start on Christmas cards (heck, Golda is probably almost done). I had a pet job cancel this week so again am unexpectedly home - which turned out to be great timing as I had a tooth go bad over and am looking at a root canal this week. :cry: But alas, I shall have time to play.
Elaine
eoconnell

eoconnell wrote:Fun Trudi! I like your embellishments and it's never too early to start on Christmas cards (heck, Golda is probably almost done). I had a pet job cancel this week so again am unexpectedly home - which turned out to be great timing as I had a tooth go bad over and am looking at a root canal this week. :cry: But alas, I shall have time to play.

Oh no! I hope they are able to get you in quick and get it over with...tooth pain is horrible!
Trudeenr

Oh how fun to have Christmas in July...embellishment is great on any cards...great challenge.

Elaine, take care and hope you can get that tooth fixed soon.
terrie

Yikes! Elaine, I’m glad you had the time off. Hopefully you can get your tooth dealt with very quickly!

And, yes, I’m almost done with my Christmas cards. But there are always a few more needed, so this is a great challenge.

I like your fun envelope and embellishments Trudi.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I got these embellishments done now because I'm having company from N.Y. at the end of the week.
I will add these to a card front with background paper.....Hey, I got a head start on my Christmas cards.....LOL
Attachments
20210713_130915.jpg
20210713_130915.jpg (110.04 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
terrie

Cute embellies Terrie!

I worked on mine before and after my root canal. Novocain is just wearing off but hope that ends my pain for a while. Figures that I stuck my finger in the wet snow and messed it up. :lol:
Elaine
eoconnell

Okay, did 10 envelopes and 2 embellishments. It's hard for me to do embellishments, as I need to have a card planned out to figure out what I want to use. I did want to use those green glitter tags, so got them decorated and ready to go.

7-13-21 WCC (300x175).jpg
7-13-21 WCC (300x175).jpg (64.4 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine, glad that you were able to do your embellishment tags through your root canal...the tags are adorable.
Golda, well done on decorated your envelopes so pretty to see before opening the card when received.
terrie

Wow - you all have been very busy!

Terrie - I love the jingle bell coins...they'll be perfect focal points on a card!

Elaine - I love the gnome/elf tags!

Golda - I love that you now have pretty envelopes to go with your card stash! I too have been started making gift tags!
Trudeenr

Next

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!