Cool Off 8/2/21 to 8/8/21

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

I'm posting this a little early. My husband uses our home computer for work and he starts early, so it's difficult to get my challenge up before he needs to sign in at work.

It's a very HOT summer. Okay, part of it is that the humidity is much higher than normal, as the temperature is actually a bit lower. But, it's hot. So, your challenge is to make a clean and simple card with cool colors. I don't care if you put a layer or two on, but I want mostly white space with some bright, cool colors.

Here are a couple examples:
June 21 Flamingo 2 (245x300).jpg
June 21 Flamingo 2 (245x300).jpg (63.05 KiB) Viewed 2089 times

7-24-21 Ducky (244x300).jpg
7-24-21 Ducky (244x300).jpg (60.78 KiB) Viewed 2089 times

7-24-21 Challenge Example 2 (234x300).jpg
7-24-21 Challenge Example 2 (234x300).jpg (55.6 KiB) Viewed 2089 times

I can't wait to see how you do this challenge and cool off a bit with some fun creating.

Participants:
Terrie
Elaine
Barry
Kathy
Last edited by Golda on Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Your samples are adorable Golda. Thank you for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

Adorable cards Golda and it's going be fun to find something simple to put on my card.....great challenge.
terrie

I checked what colors were for cool and purple was one of them so I made my clean and simple card in that cool & soft color.
Attachments
20210804_105643.jpg
20210804_105643.jpg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
terrie

Terrie this is a lovely card!

Just an FYI, it doesn’t absolutely have to be “cool” colors, as my pink Flamingo is a warm color. But, it’s bright, and makes me think of water and fun, so I’m considering it “cool”. So, you don’t need to check on colors, just have fun.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Pretty card Terrie!

I had to go home to pick up a sympathy card so while I was there, I took the time to make a card with an already colored image.
Elaine
eoconnell

Here is my cool - cool off card. I used my new flower embossing folder on some shiny white cardstock, cut it into a strip. Fussy cut some black & White flowers from my paper stack, colored them with cool pinks, added a band of DP and finally some pink Nuvo drops.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Elaine, I'm so glad you got a chance to play. I like your cool card.

Barry, that embossing looks amazing! Love when they have so many different layers of dimension. Your card is definitely cool. I love your coloring on your flowers, too.

Your cards are helping with the cooling. It's only supposed to be 113 here today, but it's also been pretty humid (okay, many of you would NOT consider this humid, but for the desert, it is), which doesn't help. Thanks for playing along!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, I love your sweet samples.
Terrie, beautiful- and cool- butterfly card.
Elaine, love those pretty blooms.
Barry, those flowers just pop off of your card!

CAS cards are always hard for me to make as I love layers upon layers and often folds and textures and embellies... and did I mention photo corners?!

This is about at CAS as I can get. As for cool colors, I loved using blues and greens on my card. Plus, the look on the girls face on the front of the card inspired the sentiment on the inside (It's a freebie I found some time ago but never could figure out how to use it. But... I think I nailed it here!
ImageImage

(Sadly, I have tipped over when putting on my underwear, and socks, and jeans. Um... I am realizing that I actually tip over quite often! Ha!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh, Kathy, you had me laughing! I love your card and you do have a bit of white space on there. Thank you so much for playing along. Your card, as usual, is hilarious and absolutely wonderful.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!