Aug 9th .... Boys Boys Boys

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Well done on your 3 cards Barry...so fun to see your creation.
Golda, great background for your shark image and making it a shaker...fantastic
terrie

Here's the first of the two I need to make for grandsons. Jake is into Harry Potter so I pulled a coloring page off the internet. Remy is getting pet rats (OMG, I know!) so I'm going to look for some rat images or will resort to House Mouse. Hope to get to them tomorrow but that's up in the air at the moment.

Elaine
eoconnell

Terrie - great job at masking...and great guy card!
Barry - I miss shopping at Ben Franklin's! Great job at showcasing the Cowboys!
Golda - shaker cards are so much fun to play with and then adding a wobbler to it as well...extra fun!
Elaine - Love the Harry Potter card... Growing up my cousin had a pet rat and occasionally he'd bring it to the high school and I'd have to rat sit while he was in PE class. Everclear would sit on my should and my long hair would hide it and it was several months before the teacher caught us!
Trudeenr

That's funny Trudi - and who named him after moonshine??? Too funny.
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudi, that's hilarious!

I haven't seen a Ben Franklins since I was maybe 8.

My husband said this is too childish. So, on to find something more "manly". His idea was blood and guts. ?!?!?!?
8-13-21 Boy MFT Sketch (250x300).jpg
8-13-21 Boy MFT Sketch (250x300).jpg (82.06 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine - the rat was named Everclear because the buddy he rescued it from thought it would be funny to give the rat everclear instead of water!

Golda - the bear is so cute!
Trudeenr

Nice cards Elaine & Golda....
Elaine, my grand daughter is still into Harry Porter and I had a friend who had a pet rat...
Golda, your card still has a boyish feel to it....boys are boys no matter what age they are...
terrie

Terrie - love the texture on your card.
Barry - You win the trifecta for your trio of YeeHaws!!
Golda - What an amazing card. I love the idea of an underwater shaker card. Will need to CASE it! (I liked your little bear card, too. And think it would perfect for a young man!)
Elaine - Bet your HP lover will really feel special getting that card. As for the pet rat... I did several work study jobs in college and one of them was care and feeding of all the Rats in cages at the Psych lab. They were mostly white, with pink tails and pink eyes. And they could put up quite a racket when they were hungry!

I went with a fishing theme. Even though I know some women who like to spend time on this hobby, I know more men that spend as much time on the water as possible. (My sweet hubby said he thinks it's because they crave solitude, Then he grinned and sighed, "I wouldn't mind the long periods of quiet." He is such a toad!!

ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, that’s a great card. I had a couple people try to convince me that fishing was wonderful. I could sit there for a couple of minutes before jumping into the water and swimming. That was a MUCH better use of time and beautiful water!

Elaine, I never told you that I like your Harry Potter card. There are some cutesy rat images out there, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy, great fishing card! I especially love that you added a fish inside with the sentiment.

Remy got his rats and they are pretty cute. Melody made a little hanging house for the cage and they love that. They are happy little rats.
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!