Autumn Specimen 10/4

Dispel the Monday blues with this Monday morning to Sunday night challenge.

Moderator: Ellie

Terrie, that is fantastic! I love the beautiful colors of your actual leaves.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Hi everyone, this was a very fun challenge and one that I have never done which made it very challenging. Golda I love your coffee card and can appreciate it very much as I love the stuff and from the Pacific Northwest we are connoisseurs of it :)

Terrie I love your leaves from your yard card, just delightful!

I did mine with fussy cut bees from a bo bunny paper pack.

Thank you Elaine for a very fun and different challenge this week.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry - I love the bees...and that you added the quilt border too! Thanks for participating!
Trudeenr

Barry, that's a darling card! (As much as I would love to take credit for the challenge, it was Trudie that hosted this week.)
Elaine
eoconnell

Oh googly moogly, thank you Elaine, I mean Thank you Trudi for the fun challenge. It was something new and interesting and fun to do.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Prince of Paper wrote:Oh googly moogly, thank you Elaine, I mean Thank you Trudi for the fun challenge. It was something new and interesting and fun to do.

All is well Barry...I'm glad I was able to find something different for all of us!
Trudeenr

I agree with Barry. This was a new technique for me and I was inspired by the cards others shared.
Trudi, your sample cards are great... and thanks for the links, too.
Golda, you did a great job of kicking this off in style.
Terrie, I love how you turned what would have been trash into a thing of beauty.
Barry, how fun that your card had three specimen cutouts. And the quilted edge is lovely!

Was so fun to be able to play in my craft room all weekend again. And, was fun to use a realistic butterfly 3-D sticker that I picked up at the local dollar store a while ago. Was easy to turn the two-piece sticker into the front/back image for the specimen card. Easy-Peasy!

ImageImage Image
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Barry, your card with the bees and the hexagon pattern turned out really nice..love the pattern paper.
Kathy, great butterfly card...I like the flip panel on the card....well done
terrie

Barry, I love your quilted area on your card as well as the pretty specimen windows. Great job on this!

Kathy, that is a wow card! Those are really pretty butterflies and I love how you put a background inside for the butterfly to be "pinned" on.

Trudi, this was a fantastic challenge! I'm loving seeing what everyone is coming up with.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy - I love the butterfly. I have several sets of those stickers and I never thought about taking them apart!
Trudeenr

PreviousNext

Return to Your Monday Pick-me-up!