March 14 Side Banners

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I meet for breakfast with a group of about 10 friends to celebrate our birthdays. No gifts are exchanged but everyone brings a card. After opening, we pass them around the table. Recently, there was a store bought (gasp!) card with banners down the side. As it went around the table everyone took a fit over it and assumed that I had made it. Since the card was such a hit with everyone I made a mental note to try this at home. I think they are fun to make. Remember to put a layer of CS on the back of the card to make it look nice. You can make any kind of card you like; you can even add banners to a card you have already made. This is a great way to use scraps and to add some extra pizazz to a card. Can't wait to see some festive cards!!
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (102.8 KiB) Viewed 1290 times
Ellie

Very cool Ellie! Curious, did you make the card standard size (or smaller so will fit in A2 envelope)? I love the colors you chose - so springy and festive! Thank you for hosting.
Elaine
eoconnell

Very pretty El!!!!
Linda Jo

Ellie, your card turned out really nice, great colors.
terrie

Fantastic card, Ellie! Love the "borders" you have on either side of your sentiment, as well. This will be a fun one to try.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Pretty card, Ellie! I love that stamp set....it is currently one of my favorites! I used it for my challenge that I hosted in the last crop. Now you have just given me an idea for using it again!
SusieQ

How fun. And... I do have some scraps that I could use (just a few!!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

eoconnell wrote:Very cool Ellie! Curious, did you make the card standard size (or smaller so will fit in A2 envelope)? I love the colors you chose - so springy and festive! Thank you for hosting.

I almost put a note about the size, Elaine. This is an A2card before the banners were added. It ended up being 5 1/4 “ wide. I had to make a custom sized envelope for it.
Ellie

The painted background was made by one of my grand daughters when we have craft night.
I had to add the butterfly to hide the two blots of ink that spread (I can never these dots the right way)
Attachments
20180314_120119.jpg
20180314_120119.jpg (49.84 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
terrie

Your cards is so Springy and cheerful, Terrie! Your granddaughter did a great job on the paper. Nice work , you two!
Ellie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump