It's All About The Bumps

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

This is my third attempt to post this. For the time being, there will not be a photo because there seems to be a glitch with uploading today.

My challenge is to make a card for any occasion with dry embossing being the main decoration. Just get out an embossing folder, add a sentiment or small image and off you go. Easy peasy! If you use any sort of technique, please tell us what you did. (I sanded the embossing.) I will post my sample as soon as the problem is resolved.
Ellie

I'm posting this photo separately in case there is still a problem. This is my sample card.
Attachments
IMG_1572.jpg
IMG_1572.jpg (152.56 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
Ellie

Ellie - I love the folder you used with the craft brown paper...it looks like some of my great-grandma's sewing patterns books.
Trudeenr

What a great card, Ellie! I love the dress forms and the lovely sentiment.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

El, what a cute embossing folder! Your sponging (or brayering?) makes it look extra vintage too. Thank you for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

Ellie, I love dry embossing and the folder you used is terrific. Really a nice vintage look.
Marlene D

Thanks for your nice comments, Ladies. I just want to clarify what I used. The paper is Core'dinations in kind of a gold-brown color. After embossing, I just used sand paper on it to get the white core to show through. It's a really easy way to get a great look.

The folder is by Darice. I fell in love with it when I saw it at an independent scrapbook store. HL and JoAnn's both carry Darice folders but I had never seen that one before. I had to pay full price but I felt that it was worth having. Hope I use it as much as I think I will. :lol:
Ellie

Ellie, I also love your card. It reminds me that I have some of that Core'dinations paper somewhere that I got while on a JoAnns jag last year. Will have to find it and play!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Great looking card and challenge...well done on your card Ellie...

The problem I have is which folder to use.....lol
terrie

What a great challenge Ellie! I LOVE that folder and your card is so vintage. The sentiment is perfect for the folder.
Wonderful card!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump