Opposites attract - April 4 - April 10

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Terrie, I love how even your cords match the color scheme. How fun is that?!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I went with teal & orange.
Elaine
eoconnell

Beautiful card Elaine....such a great color combo...is that a stamp for the features?
well done
terrie

Elaine....love the feathers. One of my favorite things lately to put on cards.

Terrie...nice card! My high school colors were blue and orange.

Golda....who couldn't love a sparkly octopus? Cute card!

Kathy....that image is so cute! Sweet card!
SusieQ

terrie wrote:Beautiful card Elaine....such a great color combo...is that a stamp for the features?
well done

The feathers are stamps but the background is markers scribbled on an acrylic block and sprayed with water.
Elaine
eoconnell

Oh my goodness you all have been doing such a great job this week. I am proud of all of you!
Kathy that bunny image is adorable and I love the combination of peach and lavender - not a combination I would normally think to do but it worked 'hopping-ly' with your card!
Golda, I also love your background paper and the orange fish and octopus, it makes them pop, you did "Swimmingly" well with the opposites color challenge.
Terrie, perfect use of complimentary colors that make your balloon card "Soar". I love the colored layers, blue CS and then the blue and orange DP panels, then solid blue, orange and then finally the same DP on the balloons. Awesome!
Elaine wait a minute.....did you just scribble a marker on an acrylic block, re wet it with a spritz of water and then 'stamp' it onto the white? Really? I am so going to do this! What an amazing idea. I love your colors and the design, it really "tickled me" :)
Barry
Prince of Paper

Elaine, that is a fantastic card! Love the feathers and your fun background.

My background is actually stamped. Have a wonderful large stamp "Starry Night" based on a painting. Thought it would be perfect for water.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda wrote:Elaine, that is a fantastic card! Love the feathers and your fun background.

My background is actually stamped. Have a wonderful large stamp "Starry Night" based on a painting. Thought it would be perfect for water.

Whaaaaaat???? your background is actually a stamped image? Shut the front door! I can now see the resemble to the painting. How cool.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Golda, I agree with Barry. I can see the Starry Night image after you mentioned it. But I would have never thought of using it for water. Perfect!
And Elaine, love the Southwest color scheme on your card. And that background... neato!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Previous

Return to "Hump Day" Bump