Opposites attract - April 4 - April 10

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Yeah it's Hump day! Hello everyone, I have a fun challenge for you this week. Create a card using colors that are opposite one another on the color wheel or called Complementary colors. I have attached a link that describes the use of complementary colors and uses pictures of decor that illustrate the appeal.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/color- ... you-179143

So this week create a card using either Purple and yellow, or Red and Green or Blue and orange or shades of those colors. Let's see what you come up with. For my example I created a box card of purple berries and yellow bees.

I hope you get a chance to play this week and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, fantastic card and good challenge to remind us all of the color wheel! Thank you for hosting. Hope to be back in action by the weekend.
Elaine
eoconnell

Love your bold card. Bold is a perfect look for a complimentary color scheme! (And I bet that our art-teacher friend Marilyn will love seeing this challenge.)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Barry, you are certainly into 3D projects right now. Love your box card with those beautiful flying bees.

This will be a fun one to try. It is definitely going to take some thought, however.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Stinkin cute Barry!!!
Linda Jo

Great box card Barry also a great challenge....tfs
terrie

Golda wrote:Barry, you are certainly into 3D projects right now. Love your box card with those beautiful flying bees.

This will be a fun one to try. It is definitely going to take some thought, however.

It's true, I am sort of themeing myself to do 3D projects this year. Not that I am giving up the traditional 2D just pushing myself to do some interesting folds and branching out and practicing those different techniques.
Barry
Prince of Paper

What a fun project Barry! Time to put on my thinking cap...
Trudeenr

Love, love, love your box card Barry! Fun challenge too!

I'm in the process of downsizing a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom condo. We are moving to CA. Eventually my craft room will be packed up. So it is going to be awhile before I'm set up and back to crafting. But meanwhile, I have been enjoying viewing everyone's cards on the challenges each week and cheering everyone on. I'm missing out on some fun challenges though....like this one!
SusieQ

SusieQ wrote:Love, love, love your box card Barry! Fun challenge too!

I'm in the process of downsizing a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom condo. We are moving to CA. Eventually my craft room will be packed up. So it is going to be awhile before I'm set up and back to crafting. But meanwhile, I have been enjoying viewing everyone's cards on the challenges each week and cheering everyone on. I'm missing out on some fun challenges though....like this one!

So sad that you won't be doing any crafting but sounds like an exciting time for you. Best wishes and hope this is a wonderful move for you with lots of new adventures!
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump