April 11-17 Spring Flowers

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Very pretty card, Terrie! You guys have had some crazy weather on the East coast. Hopefully Spring will arrive soon for you!
SusieQ

I just posted this on The Outlawz for their Twisted Thursday challenge which was watercolors. I watched a Gina K video on watercolors this morning. It specifically showed how to do the jar. I was anxious to try it because I am never happy with coloring jars with markers or pencils. I'm very pleased with this one so the 20 minute video was well worth my time. I used paint on the jar and watercolor pencils on the flowers. I just doodled the filler flowers with a watercolor pencil. I am headed out to my front yard now to tend to my mailbox garden. It's time to clean off all of the dead winter foliage since Spring may finally be here. It's 82 degrees here today but 27 degrees is forecast for next week...yikes! When will the weather madness end?
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (71.13 KiB) Viewed 944 times
Ellie

Terrie, very pretty card!

Ellie, that is beautiful! Your water coloring turned out gorgeous. The flowers look very 3-D and your jar looks terrific!
Elaine
eoconnell

That is beautiful, Ellie! I'll have to watch the video.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie, you did a fantastic job on the water coloring....your becoming an artist.....thanks for sharing it..
terrie

Beautiful card Ellie! You did an awesome job coloring the image.
SusieQ

Ellie, your spring bouquet is beautiful. And the jar looks great. I find it hard to color jar images, too. That is why I usually print them off on acetate... then I don't have to worry about trying to make it look like glass! But I love the blue wash on yours so am off to watch Gina K do her magic! Have fun playin' in the dirt.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Hello there, I found this free coloring page, moved it into the Silhouette, resized it to the size of an A2 card, added the sentiment, did a print and cut and colored it with my Copic Markers. Fun thing was that yesterday, Michael's was having a buy one get one free on all premium art pens, this included Copic Markers! I bought 8 new markers which are normally $8.00 a piece so normally this would have cost me $64.00 not including tax with the BOGO it was only $32.00 but wait.... I also used a coupon that would take an additional 20% off including sale prices, this brought it down to $28, I had a $25.00 gift card that I used so in total my $64 purchase of 8 new copic markers cost me - out of pocket....wait for it.....$3.28! I was so proud of myself. Anyway, here is the card using those new markers:

Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry, your card is darling and your bargain shopping skills are amazing!! Good for you!
Ellie

Barry, I love your playful card, plus the fact that you used pens that were almost free makes it even more wonderful!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump