Toyland, Toyland!

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Many of you will receive new toys during the next few days. Perhaps, like me, you bought something and forgot you had it! (I put this embossing folder in a "safe place" and just found it!)

Your challenge this week is to use something new or something you forgot about owning to make a card, tag or bag. It doesn't have to be amazing. I kept my samples clean and simple. This week is too hectic! Of course you can get involved and do wonderful things if you like. Just make something! Relax for awhile after all the work you've done.

Being the "Hump Day" Challenge, we won't have a prize and this is open ended. Feel free to post anytime!

Marilyn
Attachments
Christmas Eve Challenge.jpg
Christmas Eve Challenge.jpg (46.94 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
Paintbrushbrown

This is a nice challenge for this week and I love your "found" folder!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Marilyn, beautiful sample! Thank you for hosting. I know it's a busy time of year for everyone, but lots of you will be off work next week and will have a lovely challenge to look forward to.
Elaine
eoconnell

Very nice challenge....
I'm pretty sure we all have craft item that we haven't used "yet".
terrie

Marilyn, what a fun challenge. I am on vacation leave until the end of the year... so will have time to play. This will be a fun challenge, since I know that I have a brayer and a crimper that I hardly ever use. If I can find them... I'll use 'em!
Kath
PS Love your CAS cards.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I was hoping to get some new toys and I did! I got four sets of clear stamps, a magnetic plate for my Big Shot, a set of Sizzix oval dies and a sampler pack of Shimmer Sheets. I am itching to play with the new stamps so I will have something to post by Monday, I hope.

Has anyone used Shimmer Sheets? I asked for them because I have seen some interesting cards that have them on Pinterest. If anyone has tried them, i would love any info/tips that you are willing to share.
Ellie

Ellie, glad to hear you got new toys! Woohoo for you!!! Can't wait to see what you play with first.
Elaine
eoconnell

New paper from AC Moore, new black ink from Ranger
New Butterflies dies from Impression Obsession (used once)
Attachments
12 26 2014 Playing with new items.jpg
12 26 2014 Playing with new items.jpg (221.28 KiB) Viewed 961 times
terrie

Marilyn, I love embossed cards. Beautiful.

Terrie, your card is so pretty. You did a FAB job.

I need to get some sequins. I've been seeing them on cards lately and they add just the right amount of twinkle. ;)
Last edited by Geminijen on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geminijen

Terrie, that is really beautiful paper! Love all your elements!
Elaine
eoconnell

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump