A toast... July 11 to July 17th

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Raise your glass and toast to... my anniversary, Stephen and I having an empty nest (well for the next 3 days anyway), Samantha getting her own apartment, Alexandria getting the job in Nevada, Joseph knocking off some things from his bucket list and best of all to SUMMER! I know all of you have lots to toast to as well!

This week's challenge is to create a drink inspired card, bottle tag, or wine bottle gift bag or box. Here is what I made...

P1370031.JPG
P1370031.JPG (34.91 KiB) Viewed 2583 times

(The drink theme doesn't need to be alcohol themed, you can do water bottles, soda bottles, etc!)

But if you wanna be punny, you can make a TOAST themed card! (yep, I went there!) I made these for Samantha's co-workers for opening day of the hotel...

P1360860.JPG
P1360860.JPG (42.14 KiB) Viewed 2583 times

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
Trudeenr

Darling samples Trudi (love the toast!). If I ever get home to my stuff, I'll be playing. Thank you for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudi, those are great! I love the drink card, tag and bag/box, but those toast cards are hilarious!

Congratulations on your anniversary, and all the other milestones. Enjoy those 3 days to yourself.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Yay, I'm home after 3 weeks straight dog sitting jobs! It feels heavenly to be home. Inside of card says "Every birthday should be taken with a grain of salt".
Imagehow to screenshot on windows
Elaine
eoconnell

What a fun card, Elaine!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

"Cheers" to you Trudi for an anniversary, your daughter's apartment and your other daughters new job and all of the other wonderful events in your life right now. So here's to you!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Elaine - I love the margarita and the saying is perfect!

Barry - I love that you used the glass to be the letter "h"!
Trudeenr

Great job Barry! I have some of those gem designs that I always forget to use. You have inspired me!
Elaine
eoconnell

Just realized that I forgot to post this card. So... here goes!
I made a similar card for a challenge here a few weeks ago (or possibly a few months ago?!) It can be found here- papercraftsmag.com/content_downloads/C28_Pattern.jpg
I made the glass out of vellum and the little strawberries were made by punching hearts out of red dotted paper, rounding the point with a scissor, and fussy-cutting a topper from scraps of green paper (learned via Google that it is actually called a calyx!) Added a little shading and highlighting to add dimensions to the strawberries. Yum!
The "Celebrate" vellum sentiment ion the inside of the card s from a packet of scrapbook sentiments.
ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Trudi, this was a fun challenge. Your cards are both great. Did you paper piece the toast images? They are adorable. And that punny saying? Priceless!

Elaine, love the saying inside of your yummy card, too.

Barry, neat use of an image... and of bling! (I, too, have unused flourishes. So thanks for the idea!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump