That's unusual: Sept 5-11

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Terrie, your Santa card is HoHoHolarious. Are the buttons made with sequins? So fun.

BTW- for some reason a dozen or so of my laptop keys have started not working. My hubby and I have tried everything we can think of to fix it. Reloaded the keyboard driver, made sure that sticky keys wasn't on, and cleaned the keyboard with one of those air blaster thingees. No luck. I've read it might be the Windows 10 has some bugs they need to work out. Until then, I am using my numbers pad where I can use all but the three and eight [so I have to spell those out], the parenthesis don't work, hence am using brackets. I can handle all of these inconveniences. But... what it bugging me most is that I have no exclamation point. [I would have inserted three of them here for emphasis... if I had them.] I hadn't realized how often I use this item of punctuation. Right now I feel that I cannot convey excitement. But hopefully there will be a patch soon. If not... my life will just be more humdrum [and... once again I hit the exclamation point and got nada.] I'm done now...
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Very cute card, Terrie!
Ellie

Terrie, that is really a popping good idea!
Elaine
eoconnell

I can confess I wish I was more like Kathy and come up with card ideas using recycled old calendars or discarded cards and bits of plastic bread ties - alas I have to work really hard to come up with something for this challenge. I was going through an old junk drawer for inspiration and I found one of those Easter egg plastic sleeves that you wrap around a hard boiled egg and dip it into hot water and it melts onto the egg. Why we saved it I have no idea but I cut it in half and made it a border after I used strips of yellow dp for the rays and then topped it with a print and cut from my Silhouette. Fun, but boy did it tax my brain and......I kinda liked it :)

Barry
Prince of Paper

Barry - what a treasure to find...it makes a perfect border image!
Trudeenr

Very clever recycling, Barry!
Ellie

Barry, what a great card! You probably saved it for the same reason I saved all types of weird little things: they were too expensive to throw away and there had to be some good use for them later.

Kathy, I had an idea for this, but no time to implement it. I have part of those mesh bags they sell oranges in and still plan to use it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Previous

Return to "Hump Day" Bump