Doe, a deer.....Sept 19th - Sept 25th

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Ellie wrote:Fun challenge, Barry. I sang in the chorus in my high school's production of Sound of Music and The King and I so, I still know all of the songs. My junior year I switched to stage crew for Carousel. By senior year, I was in love with my future hubby and perceived myself to be too busy to commit to the school play, LOL! I have family coming to visit for the weekend in just a couple of hours but maybe I can do this challenge early next week.

YOur high school did the R&H standards! All amazing shows! I never got to perform in either King and I nor Carousel but I did do Oklahoma 3 times and South Pacific 3 times and one of those times with Cathy Rigby as Nellie Forbush! So you have a little of that musical blood running through you as well!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Terrie your card is a perfect example of the challenge. You captured the"home-i-ness"of the musical with the quilt like hills and snow topped mountains. You even added one of the song titles as your sentiment. Lovely work my friend.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Terrie, what wonderful paper piecing. Great card.

I remembered seeing a guitar shape card on Pinterest. Followed that example to make this card. So fun[especially because I was able to use a few of the circle dies from a set that Elaine sent me and some brads and silver cording that I've had in my stash forever. Just found one of those micro mini punches at Goodwill so was fun to have that to help with brad placement. They aren't perfectly straight, but they work just fine.]

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, that's terrific! I can just see Julie Andrews strumming and singing with the kids. ;)
Elaine
eoconnell

Kathy, that is fantastic!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy that is a great card! So cute. I too, can see Maria singing to the children (and the nuns) using her guitar. Great job on the challenge and using the musical as your inspiration guitar. Thank you for playing along this week!
Barry
Prince of Paper

Awesome guitar card Kathy, you a great job making it...tfs
terrie

9-25-18 WCC Musical Water (315x400).jpg
9-25-18 WCC Musical Water (315x400).jpg (108.68 KiB) Viewed 2968 times

The movie was full of soldiers. Very different soldiers, but soldiers none the less. So, my soldier card. ;)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great card Golda, I love that little Palace Guard bear. So cute! Thank you for playing this week!

Thank you all for playing along, now you probably have "My Favorite Things", "Edelweiss", or the "Hills are alive" songs playing in your head! :)
Barry
Prince of Paper

All week, I've had, "Do, a deer, a female deer; Ra, a drop of golden sun; Me, a name I call myself; Fa, a long, long way to run; . . ." playing in my head and coming out my mouth. That last part wasn't loud enough to scare anyone away, but still wasn't what it was supposed to be. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Previous

Return to "Hump Day" Bump