Altered State of Mind 12/31/14-1/6/15 (and beyond!)

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

For this challenge, I would like you to alter something you have around your house (or feel free to go on a shopping spree if you must). It's a pretty wide open challenge - you pick your base, your medium, etc.

Hate to disappoint you that I have no photo to accompany this post since my computer is still out of commission (though we have located someone that is going to fix my current one so hopefully in a week or so I'll be up and running again) and I'm having no luck attaching some Pintrest inspiration, so you are all on your own. I have total faith in you! This is an open ended challenge, so you have time to really contemplate your piece! Have fun and can't wait to see what you come up with.
Elaine
eoconnell

Wish you lived closer...I'd have the hubby look over your computer and probably be able to fix it!

I love alter projects...I need to make some new Composition Notebooks!
Trudeenr

I LOVE altered projects. I use to avoid altered challenges and thought it not to be my thing...but that has changed in the last couple of years. I just finished an itty bitty altered file folder album yesterday. I love playing with file folders and altering them into something other than a folder holding papers in the file cabinet. I know I made it a day before you posted this challenge but I will post it to share and will see if I can alter something else for the challenge. I have a video for it and still pictures. Thanks for hosting Elaine in spite of your computer problems (hope it gets fixed soon for you). Looking forward to seeing altered creations.

The video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX4Oi4yxeFg

and a picture:
Attachments
B front view two signed small version for WCC.jpg
B front view two signed small version for WCC.jpg (48.69 KiB) Viewed 966 times
SusieQ

Susan, that's awesome! I love it and would love to see it up close and personal. It looks like it has lots of storage and dividers, not to mention class and style! (Of course you don't need to post something else unless of course you want to.) Oh, I just took a look at your video and it's really amazing! Great job!

On a good note, the guy fixing my computer thought he would have it ready today, so I may be up and running before the new year! Speaking of New Years, you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and be safe!
Elaine
eoconnell

I've never been big on altering things as I can't figure out how I'll use them, though, the altered notebooks have been used. However, I still have the tin Jane made for an altered tin exchange several years ago out on display and I love it. I'll have to think on this one and see if I can't come up with something.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Elaine this is a nice change of pace for people who may be suffering a little burnout from making a bunch of Christmas cards. I sure hope you get your computer soon; you must feel like you are missing a hand. I am out of the challenge business because I have started packing my room but I will keep tabs on these creations.

Susan, I watched your video. Your project is gorgeous! You do such a great job on your videos-they are just amazing!
Ellie

Sorry Elaine that your still down with your computer issue...hope to see you up and around soon.
This is a big challenge for me cause I have no idea what to do from someone like me who is plain and simple...

Susan, awesome project that you did... it so nice to look at everything...well done
terrie

I'm like Terrie, not used to altering items. But... Susan's book inspired me. And I have a few tins from Christmas that are empty (or could be soon!) So... will check out Pinterest and see what catches my fancy... or my shabby chic... or my whimsy!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Hey listen, you don't have to be as elaborate as Susan - she set the bar pretty darn high! Think about cool bottles/jars, mento tins, notebooks is a good (and useful one), TP rolls...lots of you like the trash to treasure approach so that's another way to go. Go on Pintrest or Google and search "altered items". All kinds of cool stuff without going nuts. No need to stress over it either. It's a new year (almost anyway) and a new state of mind! Just HAVE FUN with it!
Elaine
eoconnell

Thanks Elaine for the tip to check out Pintrest.....
I'm looking forward in doing something...

I found something...yeaaaaaaaa
But I won't be able to do until Friday.......doing a happy dance...lol
terrie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump