Altered State of Mind 12/31/14-1/6/15 (and beyond!)

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Elaine, I love this challenge!!! This will give us lots of idea's.
Susan, BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love mini books.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Susan, that turned out great. Do you like the mini better than the size you made me? I love mine. I need to get pictures of my girls printed and fill it up. :)
Geminijen

Geminijen wrote:Susan, that turned out great. Do you like the mini better than the size you made me? I love mine. I need to get pictures of my girls printed and fill it up. :)

No, my personal preference, I like the size I made for you better. The itty bitty mini is great for using up scraps, carrying in a purse, sitting on a table etc....but you really have to crop the pictures down to itty bitty. I have to admit though....making the itty bitty one gave me an idea for a "coffee table" mini that I want to make. Still tossing the design idea around in my head though and sketching it out. And of course it will involve file folders. :lol: :D I just bought a box of 100 file folders. I'm so excited! LOL! I'm in search of black and kraft color file folders too at a good price. Found some online but they were rather expensive.
SusieQ

here is my altered item...it's a large clothespin which I clipped my grand children picture
Attachments
1 2 2015 Clothespin with picture.jpg
1 2 2015 Clothespin with picture.jpg (184.44 KiB) Viewed 685 times
terrie

Terrie, I LOVE it!
And, thanks for expanding my idea of altered items. I hadn't thought of clothespins! Fun!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

bottle cap paperclips view two.jpg
bottle cap paperclips view two.jpg (63.66 KiB) Viewed 672 times
Terrie....I was thinking along the same lines as you......only bottle caps and paper clips. Didn't think of clothespins. Fantastic idea! I'm going to add that to my list of things to alter. Yours is very pretty.

I'm not sure if mine is altered or upcycle / recycle???? I get confused on that at times. It's like to be or not to be? Anywho....I took the scraps from my itty bitty mini file folder album and made some matching paper clips using bottle caps that I squished (AKA flattened) in my Big Shot. I also added a magnet on the back to each when gluing on the paperclip. So they can be used either way. I might add a little ribbon that matches the mini album and tie on a couple of them. Kind of like them just plain and simple right now.
Attachments
bottle cap paper clip view one.jpg
bottle cap paper clip view one.jpg (67.87 KiB) Viewed 672 times
SusieQ

Oh I almost forgot! Golda this is for you! I pinned this ages ago with the intentions of showing it to you and just kept forgetting about it. My bottle caps made me think of it though. You may have already seen them but just in case....bottle cap candles! The tutorial is for crayons but I've seen others use wax that they use to make candles. I've seen them on etsy too. They say they will burn 30 to 45 minutes. I thought they were kind of cute and maybe something you could do if you find yourself with a little extra melted wax. :o :D

Here's the link:
http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/bo ... s-tutorial
SusieQ

Susan !!! Those are FABULOUS!!!
Now, you want to guess what Ive been messing with lately??
Yep!! Bottle caps. This is hilarious. :lol:
Only I bought some 1 inch circle clip art from Etsy. Now I'm going to make some G45 ones. ;)
Geminijen

Terrie, what a great picture holder!

Susan, those are gorgeous bottle cap adornments! Thanks for the fun idea, too. I'll have to try those with beeswax.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Terrie, what a fabulous idea! Your photo holder turned out so great!

Susan, great idea on the bottle caps! And I'm totally open on alter vs. recycle. I think it's a fine line. If you're using something for a different purpose than it was intended, I think it qualifies as alter. Just play and don't worry about it!
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump