I Was Inspired By...1/28/15 - 2/3/15

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Your challenge this week for 'Hump Day" is an inspiration challenge. Instead of posting a picture though and seeing how everyone is inspired to create by that one photo...we are going to change it up a bit! Instead each one of us will be supplying our inspiration. First, you may create anything you want....a card, tag, ATC. bookmark, altered item.....whatever you are inspired to create. Your inspiration should come from something you saw on Pinterest, an online gallery, something you saw on here, facebook etc. Maybe you saw a card on Pinterest and you pinned it with the idea that one day you would find time to make your own version of the card you pinned. Or maybe someone here made a card or paper item for one of our challenges and you were hoping one day to also try making that card / item. This is actually perfect for all you "pinners" ! To complete the challenge, post a picture or link to the card / item that was your inspiration then post a picture of what you made from your inspiration item.

For my sample I took a piece of a manila file folder, put gesso on part of it, did some inking, stamping and some heat embossing. Then I cut the piece up in squares, rounded two of the edges on each square and then used them to make my card.

Here is my inspiration which is a card that I had pinned on Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/145241156707743355/

And here is the card I made from that inspiration. Come on all you pinners....search out one of your pins and use it as your inspiration and create!
Attachments
thank you squares view two smaller.jpg
thank you squares view two smaller.jpg (67.97 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
SusieQ

Susan, that is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the colors and the layout-it's just awesome in every way. This is a good challenge. I use Pinterest cards as my inspiration most of the time now. (I really love Pinterest but I still think it's the reason we are losing the other internet card sites. It's just so easy to pull up thousands of cards with one click; who can compete with that?)

I'm not able to get into my lovely new studio so far this week. The last step in the redo was to have a carpenter build a shelf for a ledge that is on two walls of the room. It was built Monday and looks perfect but they are painting it every day. In the process, we had to move all the furniture away from those two walls so it's a jumbled mess. I should be back in shape by Friday :?
Ellie

Susan, what a great challenge and I love the card you made!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Susan, I see you changed up your original challenge. I love this one and your card is spectacular! (I like it even better than your original pin!) Thanks for hosting amid all your personal challenges.
Elaine
eoconnell

Susan your card is Beautiful!!! I love the simple layout and how you did the squares. I love Pinterest. I try and find something new every day on there. Really great challenge.
Jane
Jane from Utah

Susan, your card is just gorgeous...love the colors
Such a great challenge....

You should enter your card on my challenge "Squares"
terrie

Beautiful, Susie! I agree--I like yours better than your inspiration card. Well done!!

I like Pinterest. You can find lots of things--new things--to try out. But there isn't really interaction there like there is on this type of site. And basically it is just a place that people show things they've already found on the internet and you can search it. Just narrows some searching down a bit, but it isn't anything that wouldn't already be out there somewhere even if Pinterest didn't exist.
Whispers

terrie wrote:Susan, your card is just gorgeous...love the colors
Such a great challenge....

You should enter your card on my challenge "Squares"

Funny you should say that Terrie because when you posted your swap I was tempted to post my card...LOL! My squares are kind of altered so they aren't really square anymore.
SusieQ

Thanks everyone for your compliments. I had a night over the weekend that I couldn't sleep so I finally just got up and made this card and my challenge was born! :D I hope you all can play because 1) I am looking forward to seeing what you all create and 2) I realized that this will also give us all an idea to what inspires all of you when you are out there pinning and cruising through the online galleries.

Ellie....I can't wait to see pictures of your newly remodeled craft room. I bet you are excited! I am excited for you!
SusieQ

Susan, I agree with several of the others... your sample card is better than the Pinterest card that inspired it! And what a great challenge. Will take some thought but I'm sure I'll find something somewhere that inspires me! :D
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump