I Was Inspired By...1/28/15 - 2/3/15

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Linda Jo... so that gorgeous card is not the inspiration but YOUR CARD! I am so impressed. It looks like something from a magazine. Love it!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I hope it's okay... but I made my card in November. Was planning on using it for a Christmas challenge (hence the snow theme), but realized that people might too busy during the holidays to spend so much time on a "specialty card". So switched to a simpler challenge. However, am pretty proud of the card so, Thanks Susan for giving me the opportunity to share it!

Here is the inspiration- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/323062973243830016/

And here is my finished blizzard!

Image Image
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Wowza Linda Jo! Awesome card!

Kathy, great card and I can't quite tell what's going on with the card construction, but looks like the snowflakes are floating off the paper!
Elaine
eoconnell

Linda Jo , great looking card...very nice indeed
I wish I could fill my card like your yours

Kathy, your card turned out really nice with the snowflake floating...
great card

well done ladies
terrie

eoconnell wrote:Wowza Linda Jo! Awesome card!

Kathy, great card and I can't quite tell what's going on with the card construction, but looks like the snowflakes are floating off the paper!

Elaine, the snowflakes are attached to strips of clear acrylic that stick up from the card fold. So yet, they do kind of look like they are floating. If I can find the card I'll take another photo from a different angle. It is a neat card and really not too hard to make. I've seen sample cards with butterflies that are beautiful. (Which reminds me. I miss Georgette. Has she joined us since we moved to the new site? If not... anyone have her email address? Would be great to see her here!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Linda Jo....Oh my! Your card is beautiful! Very stunning!

Kathy...I agree with Elaine, your snowflakes look like they are floating and dancing in the air. Pretty card!

Thank you ladies for trying my challenge!

PS...Kathy, I too have been missing Georgette. I just PM'd Terrie a couple of days ago asking about her. Maybe Terrie can get her to pop in and join us once again.
SusieQ

Linda Jo, that is such a beautiful design with all the texture and depth!

Kathy, that is a beautiful card! I am so glad you didn't do it as a challenge near Christmas, as I wouldn't have had time to work on it and it is one of those I definitely would have tried. (Oh, and yes, I am working on Christmas 2015 cards, as I figure I need to do a few here and there throughout the year to have enough come Christmas - well actually, come Thanksgiving as I send them out right after.)
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Okay, this was my Pinterest inspiration. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/184436547215800232/

Here is what I did. Granted, I only did 6 instead of the 20 I had intended, but nothing was going according to plan. Oh well, 6 are done.
1-31-15 WCC Pinterest (300x220).jpg
1-31-15 WCC Pinterest (300x220).jpg (72 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Nicely done ladies! Love your takes on your inspirations!

Georgette did join this site, but I don't think she's been on much. She did register and post at least once though.

Here is my card--I made this earlier in the month and sent it off. In fact Kathy has it now and I know she liked it very much. Here was the inspiration: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2322681

I pinned it ages ago and had hexagon dies on my "wish list" for quite some time. I got them for Christmas and so this was the first card I made with the dies! I made my backgrounds match my flower by coloring white card stock with the same colored pencils that I used to color the flower and then cutting the hexagons from that. I really liked how it turned out and could hardly stand not sharing it with you all, but I had to wait until Kathy knew I was her winter pal!! :lol: :lol:

FlowerOnHexagons.JPG
FlowerOnHexagons.JPG (153.09 KiB) Viewed 954 times

The picture doesn't really do the card justice... I don't think. What do you think, Kathy?
Whispers

Sheri, the photo doesn't do your card justice at all. The colors are rich and vibrant, and the three little rhinestones add the perfect extra touch. I love it!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump