NOT a Color Challenge

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I'm in a mood to be a bit more daring with my creativity. I have not been brave about trying new things lately. My new motto is, "The worst thing that can happen is the card goes in the trash...it's not the end of the world." For this card, I used a new Anna Griffith embossing folder set. After it was embossed, I ran over it with a brayer that was rolled in crystal Stickles. Yes, it made a mess on my craft sheet but it cleaned right off. It was hard to photograph and you will have to trust me when I say that it looks better in person. It was fun to try something outside my comfort zone. Thanks for hosting this, Marilyn!
Attachments
IMG_1640.jpg
crystal Stickles on all white card
IMG_1640.jpg (147.39 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Ellie

Ellie, this card is elegant...never thought of rolling stickles on a card.
it turned out really nice
terrie

Terrie, your card looks so soft that I wish I could reach out and pet it! So pretty!
Ellie, this place named "Outside of my comfort zone" is really elegant and sparkly!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Ellie, that is beautiful! I can imagine it "in person." Sometimes the camera just doesn't see like we do. I am glad you stepped outside your comfort zone to do this. It is a fantastic success! Most often, when we step outside our comfort zone, we grow. Sometimes that growth is in skill or knowledge. Other times it is in wisdom not to repeat a particular action. That does NOT apply to this card. Skill, knowledge and creativity successes all the way!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Wow Terrie, your card is so beautiful. It has such a romantic feel about it.

Ellie, you go girl! Your card turned out great and I'm glad you tried something new.
Elaine
eoconnell

These cards are adorable. I wish I had time to comment on everyone,but life happens.The picture is dark,musch brighter in person.
Attachments
flower.jpg
flower.jpg (28.76 KiB) Viewed 974 times
Linda Jo

Linda Jo, what a bright and cheery hello to send to some lucky person. Great card!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Pretty, Linda Jo! Hey, I don't have that stamp...how'd that happen?
Ellie

The white background really helped the little sweethearts to pop off the page. Especially the little wooden one that says "honey"!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Ellie, that is gorgeous! Good job for stepping outside your comfort zone.

Linda Jo, that is so bright and beautiful! I love the outline around the card with the space for the sentiment. That is such a fun look that I like, but think I've only tried once. You've inspired me to try again.

Kathy, what a cute card! Love the wooden heart and how it pops.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump