2/25- 3/3: Raid Your Stash (of office supplies!)

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Now is your chance to think outside of the box, or, in my case... the drawer! You might just have a have a treasure trove of paper crafting supplies that you have never raided.
My challenge is for you to use an item (or items) that are usually considered "office supplies" to make a unique card.
Consider using paper clips, neon highlighter pens, yellow legal pad paper, brass paper fasteners, packing tape, etc.
Look at these basic supplies in a whole new way and you might just be surprised at what your creativity will inspire!

The supply items I used were colored divider pages for 3-ring binders.

And here are the two fun cards. I love the pretty transparent addition that the office supplies provided. (The inside greeting on the first one reads, "Greetings Earthling!" The other is blank inside but sports a fun felt guitar on the front of the card. It's like totally rad! And I'm so totally OLD!)
ImageImage

PS Because inquiring stampers want to know, the space rocket is made from the aluminum seal under the lid of a large can of coffee and the striped grey paper is from a box of Valentine truffles that I gave to my hubby... and then helped him to devour! (Because I'm nice like that!)
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

You are the best wife ever! Just imagine how sick he would have been had he devoured them all himself.

Your cards are out of this world, Kathy! This is definitely a challenge, but a fun one.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Thanks, Golda. I am a pretty considerate wife :lol:

BTW- If any of you draw a blank on ideas, here's a site I found that might provide some inspiration. It includes lots of ways to use office supplies- some of them are paper crafts. http://www.brit.co/repurpose-office-supplies/

Also, for Pinterest fans, search "paper clip cards" for somre really cute ideas!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, your always thinking outside the box and that is why these challenges fun to do....
Fantastic cards you made.
terrie

A binder clip..
Post-it Pad
Paper clip
Sheet from a note pad
Attachments
2 25 2015 Office Supplies Challenge.jpg
2 25 2015 Office Supplies Challenge.jpg (172.03 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
terrie

Terrie, that is great!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy, darling cards and a really fun challenge!

Terrie, how cute are those!!! Great idea...
Jane
Jane from Utah

Kathy, what a fun and creative challenge! Your cards are "out of sight"!

Terrie, very cute and great office supply usage!

I'm so out of whack I don't even know what day it is. I've been holed up with grandkids on and off (mostly on) for a week with storms. All of a sudden, I realized it was Wednesday and I needed to check on the challenge. It probably doesn't help that I haven't been playing the challenges due to the computer issue, so I'm really messed up. One day soon, I'll get back in the game!
Elaine
eoconnell

Elaine, am glad that you are hanging with us... even though you can't post photos. One day, hopefully real soon, you'll be fully here again and posting pics galore!

Terrie, what cute little creations! I especially like the post-it and bulldog clip combo. So fun with the little ribbon accent!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Okay, here is a before picture, so you can see the rubber bands, notepad and sticky note that I used.
2-25-15 WCC Office Supplies (279x400).jpg
2-25-15 WCC Office Supplies (279x400).jpg (86.37 KiB) Viewed 1340 times

And, the finished product. It didn't turn out nearly as cute as I hoped. I've done this before and it turned out better. I'm thinking it might be because of the type of paper I used. Anyway. . .
2-25-15 WCC Office Finished (321x400).jpg
2-25-15 WCC Office Finished (321x400).jpg (118.2 KiB) Viewed 1340 times

The notepad was to hold the base firm, as the rubber bands just bent it without the extra support. The rubber bands and sticky note were masks. So, I used office supplies, you just don't see them on the finished product.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump