"Polka-dots, Checks, and Stripes--Yipes!"--April 1-7, 2015

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

When they were younger my younger sister and brother would watch the Disney channel and there was this kids music video with a song that went "polka-dots, checks, and stripes are the fashion polka-dots, checks, and stripes yipes!" (It would drive mom crazy! :lol: --Sorry Mom!)

Anyway, your challenge it to make a card using polka-dots, checks, or stripes.

I don't have one with checks (yet), but here are my polka-dots and stripes! :)

StripesWStraberries.JPG
Embellishment by CardJoy
StripesWStraberries.JPG (141.47 KiB) Viewed 1321 times

PolkaDotRibbonWVioletMagnet.JPG
Embellishment by PaintbrushBrown
PolkaDotRibbonWVioletMagnet.JPG (139.01 KiB) Viewed 1321 times

As usual, I'm going to post early rather than making you wait until I get home from work Wednesday afternoon!

Reminder: This is an open ended challenge. If you don't have time to do it before April 7th, not to worry! Come do it anytime! :)
Whispers

That is hilarious, Sheri! I really like your cards, however. Now, is your mother going nuts remembering? :lol:
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going crazy!!! Of course, I was already on my way with that! I do like dots, checks and stripes...just not altogether!!! And most assuredly not in that song. It would play a hundred times a day! It beats one other song, however. Just don't do anything with that one and we will be fine. I will try to do this one tomorrow. If I want to go to the special church service tonight, I can't do much else in the afternoon. I am a slug.
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Sheri, what a fun challenge! Thank you for hosting.
Elaine
eoconnell

This is for my Birthday Girl, Alexandria! I can't believe she's going to be 19 in just a couple of weeks!
P1260308.JPG
P1260308.JPG (53.01 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
Trudeenr

Oh, Trudi, that is fantastic!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great challenge Sheri!
Trudi, love that party girl!!!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Sheri, fun challenge!
Trudi... great card! Your almost-growed-up girl is gonna love it! (Especially if you add a gift card so that she can resemble the cute gal on the card!)

I'm enjoying these last few days of sunshine so just had to use a nice pair of shades on my card.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Well done Trudi! I'm sure she will love it. It has flair, but a certain elegance to it for a 19 year old as well.

Kathy--glad to see you're enjoying the bling I sent you. I see you used it on this card and the one for Elaine's challenge. I'm not usually a huge orange fan, but I do like that striped paper you used even with the orange.

Great job both of you!
Whispers

I have plaid, stripes, flowers and dots, oh my!
Attachments
IMG_1783.jpg
IMG_1783.jpg (144.83 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
Ellie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump