4/22 - 4/28: Reverse Masking

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Your challenge is to mask off all but one area of your card, ink that area, remove the mask and stamp part in and part out of the inked area. I know, this makes no sense, so here are the pictures.

Masking Challenge Finished (400x244).jpg
Masking Challenge Finished (400x244).jpg (71.84 KiB) Viewed 1080 times

For the tree, I cut out a tree from the middle of a piece of card and inked inside the area. For the sky, I masked the top and bottom sections of the card and inked between. The clouds are stamped.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. You can definitely stamp and color images, too. This is a never ending challenge, so feel free to try it, whenever you get a chance.

Participants:
Ellie
Trudi
Last edited by Golda on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Good challenge! I haven't masked a card in a long time. I especially love the one with the soft landing sentiment. I need that right now!! Feeling ready to crash and burn. Darn these 12-15 hour days of grant writing...
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

That's a nice idea and your sample cards are lovely, Golda. Good challenge! You are certainly the hostess with the mostest this week; such a busy gal! Thanks for all of the work you put into our forum.
Ellie

See, I look at it as a week I don't have to do anything, except comment. :D
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Nice card Golda....and a great challenge.

I won't be making any cards this week.....we are at the campground each day to clean up the mess...
We want to rebuild as soon as possible but it take time cause we are one hour away from the campground.....it's
two hours on the road...
I'm tired and there are days it's cold and windy....Monday when we got it started to rain but we had to stay there cause
the dumpster was coming....
Sorry about no participating in any of the challenges this week...
Take care
terrie

Golda, I haven't done this before and it sound interesting. I love your examples!

Terrie, take care and stay warm. Hope you are making a dent!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Terrie, take care. Sorry it is such a hassle, but you will have it wonderful again before you know it.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I started this card without a plan, let my imagination run wild and this is what evolved. It's white ink on Kraft paper. Super fun! Thanks, Golda!
Attachments
IMG_1807.jpg
IMG_1807.jpg (119.95 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Ellie

Ellie, I love that you did the inking in more than one place. That octopus image is fantastic, too. How cool to have it holding the anchor. Your card is wonderful! Thank you for playing along.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie - that's a great octopus image!

I didn't get the boat lined up the way I wanted...but it looks good!

P1270225.JPG
P1270225.JPG (27.04 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Trudeenr

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump