June = Weddings! (May 27- June 3)

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Elaine, you are right. In today's world, having a job is truly a blessing. Plus you've had a move and new roommates. So... am glad you are able to stop in occasionally. Things WILL settle down...

Terrie, glad you are making progress on rebuilding your summer hide-out. Just sorry that you had to do it at all!

Trudi, sounds like a great time of fun and memory making. Oh... and a bit of dirty laundry making, too! Congrats to Katrina. Like Golda, I don't know what kind of award that is... but am sure it was a special way to end the camp!

Golda, hope your schedule soon allows a bit of card making.

BTW- Summer is officially here as our local schools (county wide) are all now out for summer break. Makes me REALLY wish I was a kid again. Hmmmm... maybe I need to play hooky from work?
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda wrote:Not sure what that is, but give her my congratulations.

The Girl Scout Bronze Award is a girl planned & lead Community Service Award that takes at least 15 hours per girl. Her troop decided to work with the Vets at a local Retirement Village, they sang to them, made cards (3 different occasions), made lap blankets, decorated homemade wrapping paper, and in 2 weeks they will host a Cookie Party, which they made decorations and invites to. Only 4 of our 9 girls have completed all the hours (including the Tea Party) but they can finish it over the summer if they want.
Trudeenr

That is fabulous and definitely congrats worthy!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I got it DONE! It helped that it rained yesterday, so I couldn't wash the sleeping bags and hang them on the line.
It's for my hubby...this July will be 23 years of marriage!

P1270938.JPG
P1270938.JPG (27.37 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Trudeenr

Terrie, that is wonderful! Congrats on the 23 years, too!

Here is the anniversary card for my folks. You can't tell in the picture, but the "happy Anniversary" is quite sparkly. One is silver, the side one is green sparkles over silver. The couple cut out is from a silver shimmer sheet, too.
6-2-15 WCC Anniversary (323x400).jpg
6-2-15 WCC Anniversary (323x400).jpg (102.8 KiB) Viewed 959 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Trudi... love your CAS card so much that I'm going to pin it to Pinterest (once I figure out how to do that from here)!
Goldta, your parents will enjoy your beautiful card especially with the extra bits of bling!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

MrsAsperin-Kathy wrote:Trudi... love your CAS card so much that I'm going to pin it to Pinterest (once I figure out how to do that from here)!

Kathy - I got it from Pinterest You can check my board (https://www.pinterest.com/t_evann/) I have it under Wedding/Anniversary.
Trudeenr

Previous

Return to "Hump Day" Bump