June 3 Pocket Letters

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Maybe you guys have seen these but they were new to me when I found them two weeks ago. Pocket Letters! Basically, you fill the pockets of a photo page that has nine openings with DP and then small goodies. I made two of them and it was easy and fun. Apparently, people use them for swapping embellies-washi tape, ribbon, flowers, buttons, sequins, etc. One of the slots is supposed to include a short letter to the recipient. When you are ready to mail it, you just accordian-fold it and it fits in a regular #10 business envelope. How cool is that?

There are lots of videos on You Tube; just search for Pocket Letters and the same goes for Pinterest. (These would be great for a swap here if anyone is interested.) There is no time limit on this so, take a look at some of these on line and if it appeals to you, please give it a try. I think they are really fun to do.

The pockets on a nine slot holder are ATC sized so you are probably used to making something that small. I used double sided DP to line the pockets so that the back would look nice with no extra effort. This is a great way to use scraps of papers! I have also seen some on Pinterest where a single 12x12 sheet was cut used for a very cohesive and lovely effect.

I made mine just to send as gifts rather than to swap. One was sent to my cousin in St. Louis and the other went to my DIL who just had her bladder removed after a long struggle with Innerstitial Cystitis. My cousin loved hers and now her garden club is going to make them for an upcoming event. Crystal hasn't gotten hers yet but I know she will like it.
Attachments
IMG_1865.jpg
Pocket Letter, random papers
IMG_1865.jpg (99.56 KiB) Viewed 868 times
IMG_1864.jpg
Graphic 45 Pocket Letter
IMG_1864.jpg (145.41 KiB) Viewed 868 times
Ellie

This something different...I've never seen this before...
looking forward in checking this out.
Very nice Ellie
terrie

I haven't seen anything like this, either. Then, I have had no time, so searching for neat things doesn't happen. I'll check them out and see what I can do. I do love the look of both of yours, Ellie! I'm sure your DIL will love hers.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I've seen these on "My Paper Pantry". They do a swap with them. They are really cute Ellie! I don't think anyone on here swaps anymore but I would love to make one for myself. Got to look for the pockets...
Jane
Jane from Utah

Ellie, how cute! I don't have any of those pages, but maybe I can get creative with "faux pockets". Thanks for hosting and coming up with a new idea!
Elaine
eoconnell

When I was at Hobby Lobby today, I found the Tim Holtz Page Pockets on Clearance for $1...I thought I use them for the Pocket Letters! The biggest pocket is 3 by 4. The fork, knife, and spoon are brads, the Laugh out Loud is a vellum quote, the tiny pocket has rhinestone strip, and the rest are stickers. I themed these for Kallie and Garrett to use on a scrapbook page.
P1270951.JPG
P1270951.JPG (32.23 KiB) Viewed 845 times
Trudeenr

Jane from Utah wrote:I've seen these on "My Paper Pantry". They do a swap with them. They are really cute Ellie! I don't think anyone on here swaps anymore but I would love to make one for myself. Got to look for the pockets...

This would be a fun swap to do and it would be a good way to share some of our "extras" that we aren't using!
Trudeenr

Trudi, that pocket letter is adorable! Great job on your first one!
Jane
Jane from Utah

Here is mine.....I had these tags for many years and "voila" perfect (well I think) for the is
Pocket Letters Challenge...
Thanks Ellie
This would be a great swap...
Attachments
6 5 2015 Pocket Letters   IMG_20150605_150738820.jpg
6 5 2015 Pocket Letters IMG_20150605_150738820.jpg (187.09 KiB) Viewed 836 times
terrie

Trudi, your pocket letters for the kids are so cute! They should love finding and using the goodies. I'm glad you tried this.

Terrie, your pocket letter is gorgeous!! I love the pink and green and each pocket is so pretty! Thanks mucho for playing.

Ladies and Gent, I think this would be a fun swap but I am in no position to host one right now with my Grands here. I barely know which end is up right now and I have at least two weeks to go yet. Sarah and I just made two treats from her middle school cookbook. Of course, we had a problem and had to run to the store for more ingredients. Then lots of dishes to wash (I made her dry.) I'm worn slick from another busy, busy day!
Ellie

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump