Procrastination: June 17-23, 2015

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Well done, Kathy! Way to finish that up!

I have made progress on mine. Got some photos and a background chosen. Just need to start putting together and journaling and embellishments and the like.
Whispers

Well, I got on a roll and stayed up way too late...but Christmas 2009 is now done as well as a new baby visit (one of my former Girl Scouts) as well as Katrina and my pages for this year's Girl Scout Encamperee!

My scrapbook pages are 8 1/2 x 11 and I keep them very CAS...I like the pictures to do the talking instead of the embellishments!

P1280146-001.JPG
P1280146-001.JPG (48.6 KiB) Viewed 969 times
Trudeenr

Trudie, great job at getting a bunch of pages done. And they look good!
Years ago I helped my mom scrap the decades (over 70 years worth) of photos and memorabilia that she had collected. We used 8.5x11 paper because that is what I had on hand (was my pre-scrapbooking days), and I'm so glad that we did that. My aunts and uncles all liked the vintage B&W family photos, and since Instyprint had a 25 cents a page special for color copies we were able to surprise each of them with a set!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Those are great pages, Trudi!

I actually made my 2 Father's Day cards yesterday afternoon, but then we were running out the door to deliver them and I forgot to take a picture. Oops. I'll see if my mom can't take a picture of my dad's and I'll put it up.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Well done Trudi! You're much faster than I am!

Golda--I have done that before. I completely understand!
Whispers

My mom messaged me the pictures, which I then emailed to myself to be able to save. Good grief. I cut off most of the message, while leaving what I stamped.

FD Card Out.JPG
FD Card Out.JPG (98.31 KiB) Viewed 953 times
FD Card In.JPG
FD Card In.JPG (104.67 KiB) Viewed 953 times

I was going for a vintage/distressed look. My FIL wasn't quite sure how to take it. My dad thought it was great and he's younger. Well, he also knew as of Saturday afternoon I hadn't had time to start.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Haha... Well done, Golda! It might have been a bit of a run around to get the pics posted, but the card turned out nice!

I did *mostly* finish my scrapbook page. I just haven't done the journaling yet. I need opinions though: Should I use the blue/green (SU's coastal cabana)--sample on top right of right page-- or the pink (SU's strawberry slush)--sample on bottom right of left page-- edged die cuts for the journaling? Which do you think looks better?

I may put on some embellishments--but it depends how much journaling space I end up needing.

(I keep oo-ing and aw-ing over how tiny and precious she is! Meanwhile I think 2 is saying "Hey! What about me!"....That or he's saying "Hey? What happened? You were moving and now you've stopped..." kick kick...)

Welcome Home.JPG
Welcome Home.JPG (182.88 KiB) Viewed 947 times

Oh, the title area says "welcome home"...Let me get a better pic of that...I'm just unsure of how it looks...
Here you go:

WelcomeHomeCloseUp.JPG
WelcomeHomeCloseUp.JPG (161.47 KiB) Viewed 947 times
Whispers

I like the pink edged, though some of each would probably be good, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda I like the teal and tan color scheme on your card. Very manly! (Albeit vintage manly!)
And Sheri, I agree with Golda. Pink... because it will give a more girly feel to the page.
Bet that Bug is excited to see you working on her pictures? So cute!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I agree...the pink stands out the best!
Trudeenr

Previous

Return to "Hump Day" Bump