June 24 Glitter Galore

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Your challenge is to use glitter as a MAIN element on your project (card/page/etc.). Now, I know some of us don't like using glitter, as it goes everywhere and stays for months, so, you can use real glitter, glitter glue, glitter paper, glitter pens, glitter embossing powder, etc. But, glitter has to be a big part of your project.

Glitter 5 (314x400).jpg
Glitter 5 (314x400).jpg (101.84 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

For my card, I started with glitter paper (made with double sided adhesive and loose glitter), added a sticker, colored parts of the sticker areas with permanent (alcohol ink) markers, then cut that piece out. Dry embossed my background paper, added some black glitter embossing powder, and on the raised embossed area, used glitter pens to color. This was all mounted on a sheet of glitter paper as my base card. So, LOTS of glitter on this one. Gave it to my son for his birthday and he loved it.

This is an open ended challenge. Now, go play with some glitter and let us see what you come up with!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Fun challenge, Golda. I have no issues with glitter-I feel quite festive when I wear it to the grocery store! :roll: :lol:
Ellie

It adds that certain something, doesn't it. However, I hate sitting on it in rooms where I didn't even use it. Sparkly bums are not all the rage.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I'm allergic to glitter.

The next couple weeks are quite crazy, but I'll see what I can come up with, Golda.
Whispers

Golda I love this card. Fun + blingy= birthday!!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Used a fun sticker from a challenge prize package (don't remember who it was from) plus some glitter paper, a bit of gold flecked wall paper, tag from my stash, and scraps of ribbon to make this simple card.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Haven't seen the Prince here for a little while, so I just had to post the amazing card that I got from him today. It was tucked in with some fun items for a recent challenge prize. He mounted the die cut peacock on the most beautiful icy aqua/teal glitter paper. Here is a photo and close up but it doesn't show the holographic glitter color or do it justice AT ALL! The original is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! (even my hubby said so. And he is a man of few words.... about 12 a day!)

Hope it's okay that I posted this Barry. It is so very pretty that I had to share!

ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, thank you so much for playing along. I love your glittery card. I'm sure Barry will love that you posted the card he made. It is amazing.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I made it...it's still before midnight here in the Pacific Northwest!

I bought a box of Halloween chipboard letters several years ago and never used them! I tried to fit "Spooky" on the card but the letters were too big, so "Hello" will have to do! Now to put it somewhere that I can find it again in time to mail it for Halloween! ;)

P1280175.JPG
P1280175.JPG (44.26 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
Trudeenr

Oh, I'm so glad you participated, Trudi! I love the look of the letters on the black.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to "Hump Day" Bump