Christmas Tree Challenge 7/29/15 - 8/4/15

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Do you realize it is less than 5 months until Christmas? If you are like me, everyone expects hand made Christmas cards and you give out more than 20 or maybe 80+.

So, my challenge for you is to start your Christmas cards, if you haven't already. Figure out how many you give out, minus how many you already have made, then divide by 4 (you need them out before Christmas). Now, for this challenge, make cards with trees on them. It doesn't matter how you do your trees, just get some trees on there. Each month, through November, I'll give you a different Christmas card challenge. If you make a few each month, you should have what you need.

Here are a couple examples:
Christmas Set 1 (400x335).jpg
Christmas Set 1 (400x335).jpg (91.23 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

July Christmas Tree Challenge (400x246).jpg
July Christmas Tree Challenge (400x246).jpg (101.77 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

So, let us see what your idea for tree Christmas cards is!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, you are my hero!! Every year I tell myself to make a few Christmas cards every month starting in June. Every year I don't listen to this great advice and I have to make all of my cards in October and November. Maybe I will listen to your advice better than my own. :lol: This is a fabulous idea and I will look forward to each new challenge. Your sample cards are lovely! (You do know that square cards require extra postage?) Now... to go look through my stamps.
Ellie

Well, none of mine are square, they are all regular card size. However, even if you have a square card, if you put it in a rectangular envelope, you don't have to pay more. :D :geek: :lol: Yes, I am the type to figure that one out, and I did.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Why haven't I thought of that? Thanks, Golda, now you are doubly my hero!
Ellie

Well Golda, aren't you the clever one?!? I really like your little trees!
Elaine
eoconnell

I just finished my first set of cards. I made 6 of these because they were pretty easy and I wanted to use up all of this ancient paper. It was a fun card to make once I figured out the assembly line. ;)

By the way, I have an organization tip to share. I came up with this when I redid my craft room. I put all of my Christmas papers, ribbons, rubber stamps and embellishments in a deep 12x12 (?) plastic container. This makes it so easy to make a few cards without having to gather supplies and then put them all away. I just put it all back into the bin until next time I feel like making some Christmas cards. Another plus is that all of those supplies aren't taking up space the rest of the year. It works great for me-maybe it will work for some of you.
Attachments
IMG_1936.jpg
Christmas Tree Challenge
IMG_1936.jpg (116.57 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Ellie

Ellie, those are great! Wonderful tip, too. Thank you, so much, for playing along.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie - I too keep all the Christmas stuff in a separate box...Halloween & Fall too...but everything else is all together!

I did manage to get 2 tree cards done, while I was waiting for my examples for the Crop was drying...

P1280224.JPG
P1280224.JPG (33.73 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
Trudeenr

That's real cute DP, Trudi. The cards look nice.
Ellie

Oh, Trudi, those are great! I love the sentiments.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Return to "Hump Day" Bump