Trekkin' on- Aug 12-18

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Hello all! My mid-week challenge is for you to create a card that represents your favorite TV program or movie. It can be a series with fictional characters, like my Star Trek card (yes, I'm a Trekkie!) or drawn from a Saturday Morning cartoon.
If you don't have a stamp, use free clip art, or just a computer printed sentiment will do. (A quote from Pooh Bear or Doctor Seuss, or just a "Howdy, Pilgrim!" come to mind.)
Here's an interesting idea... maybe up-cycle an image from a cereal or toy box? (Yep... I excel in that skill!)
The main thing is have fun and give your stampin' friends of glimpse of your 'likes' that might be new to us.

Here is my card. The image was shamelessly copied from Pinterest. The sentiment is from my own little brain and handy-dandy printer.

ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Oh my gosh, what a cute card!! We are huge tech geeks in our family. I prefer the Next Generation StarTreks over the original series. Number One was hot!! ;) I may have to case your card for Larry's upcoming 67th birthday. My all time favorite show however was MASH. I'm going to think on that one and see what I can conjure. This is really a fun challenge!!
Ellie

What a great challenge...which show should I be inspired by?????
Trudeenr

What a fantastic card Kathy! Love it and that you are a Trekkie. This is a great challenge. Hmmm, now to think on which show to use.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Ellie wrote:Oh my gosh, what a cute card!! We are huge tech geeks in our family. I prefer the Next Generation StarTreks over the original series. Number One was hot!! ;) I may have to case your card for Larry's upcoming 67th birthday. My all time favorite show however was MASH. I'm going to think on that one and see what I can conjure. This is really a fun challenge!!

Ellie, you'll be amazed as how quickly this card goes together! So yes, please CASE it.
I liked Next Gen Star Trek, too. But Captain Janeway on Voyager was my all time favorite Trek star. Some of the characters on that series were a little obnoxious... but never Janeway!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Way cute Kathy! Thanks for hosting and I'll see if I can manage some time to craft this week.
Elaine
eoconnell

No challenge takers yet? Life must be crazy busy with end of summer/getting ready for school thingees? When you need a break, come on back. I'll be here. Not going anywhere. The darn plasma coils are off line!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I am still trying to figure out how to do it! I know what I want, but... I will be back. It is on the list for today!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

So far...I got nuttin'. Sorry, no inspiration is striking. And it is taking me about 3 days or so to finish the card for Golda's challenge from last week! I'm pathetic.
Maybe it is time for a nap...
Whispers

I, too, am one who will boldly go where no one has gone before, but with the Voyager crew. I wanted to show a nebula, but decided that the stars in the sky and the color changes would have to do. I love this card!

Live long and prosper, my friends!
Attachments
Kathy TV Show Challenge.jpg
Kathy TV Show Challenge.jpg (56.23 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump