Snowy Christmas - August 26 - Sept 1

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I like the way this card turned out. I think the ornament could have used more contrast, but didn't have the paper that didn't clash! Ugh... I decided to put a shadow behind the ornament to make it come forward a little. There seems to be a line or shadow in the photo that isn't on the card. Hummm...don't know where that came from. I love this challenge. It is nice to think about snowflakes when it is so warm outside! I don't really care for them in the winter when my bones hurt so much! I am a Christmas in July sort of person for sure!
Attachments
Snowflakes.jpg
Snowflakes.jpg (62.59 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Sheri, I really like your card. That is so great that Bug knew just what she wanted to get you and was able to work with her daddy to get it. Pretty amazing that she remembered, too.

Trudi, that paper is beautiful and I love how you added the sparkle to the snowflakes!

Marilyn, your colorful snowflakes are a fun change. Glad you are enjoying the summer snow challenge.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Very pretty card, Marilyn! I like the snowflake paper a lot.
Ellie

Ellie, both cards are lovely. (And I agree, coloring takes time!)
Sheri, love your little Bug has a crafters memory! Cute card with some impressive fussy cutting!
Trudi, the little bit of glimmer adds a nice touch to your card.
And, I think that paper might have been from me (I bought a half dozen paper packets years ago and still have a pile of assorted styles left. Might have shared some with you in a challenge or swap. Of course, Barry might also have a stockpile of the stuff!)

I bought a packet of gift tags at 75% off after Christmas last year. Was fun to find a way to use them to make a simple, but kind of pretty, card. (And the background paper I used is from the same pad as the paper used by Trudi.)

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Very nice card, Kathy, and a wonderful use of your bargain tags.
Ellie

Marilyn, I love the dusky colors used on your card. Gives it a nice retro look! (And did you write the sentiment? If yes... such great penmanship!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - I keep telling myself that I will remember Who sent me What but I never can! I think I should start writing on the backs of things so I remember!
Trudeenr

Trudi, I thought the same thing the other day when I picked up a card base sized paper that I know was in a prize I won. I have no idea who sent it.
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...." Wow, you have all been so busy! What a wonderful array of Christmas cards that will be warmly received!
Elaine
eoconnell

Trudeenr wrote:Kathy - I keep telling myself that I will remember Who sent me What but I never can! I think I should start writing on the backs of things so I remember!

Trudi, I give you points for even making a guess. I have so many things that I bought and forgot about... that I'll probably one day give someone credit for providing something to me that is my very own! :lol:
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump