Sept 9th to 15th --- Pins Pins Pins

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

I know I'm a little early, but Wednesday is MY 1st day back volunteering at Katrina's school and I will probably be running around all disorganized! (yep, everything is already laid out but you know that I won't be able to remember where I put anything :lol: )

Awhile back we had a decorative Fall stick pin swap and I've been unsure on how best to feature them on a card. So I'm pushing myself outside of my comfortable little box with this week's challenge by creating some cards using these wonderful pins.

Please help me out by posting your creations featuring decorative stick pins! Even though all mine are Fall/Halloween related, you can use any theme.

This card has 2 pins that I put tip to tip...
P1280388.JPG
P1280388.JPG (31.1 KiB) Viewed 1544 times

This card has 3 pins next to each other...
P1280391.JPG
P1280391.JPG (34.86 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Trudeenr

Those are fun Trudi! Thanks for hosting!
Elaine
eoconnell

Great cards Trudi! I have a whole bunch of decorative stick pins from a swap several years ago. I almost never use them as they require extra postage to send, but I can do some hand out cards with them. It's better than just let them continue sitting there. ;) Thanks for the challenge!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, I am with you about using them on cards because of the postage. I like to use mine on other paper projects. I have mine from the swaps, too. I have been wanting to work on some fall projects. Those fall pins will be just right! I will be back as soon as I can.
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Okay, I have had several ideas about using these and the 2 cards I made this afternoon both turned out very similarly. Good grief. I may try some more, if I find some time, but I know tomorrow is busy and Tuesday is REALLY busy, so, I may not have time. Anyway, here's what I did.

9-12-15 WCC Pin 1 (400x302).jpg
9-12-15 WCC Pin 1 (400x302).jpg (90.67 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

Thought it would work well as a "hair pin" in the silhouette's updo. My husband loves this one. (Thanks for these pins, Trudi!)

9-12-15 WCC Pin 2 (400x308).jpg
9-12-15 WCC Pin 2 (400x308).jpg (104.82 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

And, an actual "hat pin". (From the long ago swap.)

I put both pins through, taped them off on the back and adhered in different ways. The silhouette one I did cut part of the pin stick off before taping.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda - what a great way to use the decorative pins...and they're not too bulky that you would have to pay too much extra to mail!
Trudeenr

I love these cards! What a great job.

I put my pins somewhere safe! Grrrrrr... I am going to stop that and just leave everything out on the desk! I feel so dumb when I do this!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Paintbrushbrown

Marilyn - I'm having the same problem...where did it go???? It probably has something to do with working on too many projects at once!
Trudeenr

That would certainly be the case here. I don't think I have finished anything but the cards needed for my challenges in the last two weeks. There is something really wrong here! I have baby blankets to sew and things to ready for Christmas! I am burning daylight!!!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Paintbrushbrown

I just found my pins! I am going to craft this evening and I will let you know what I come up with!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Paintbrushbrown

Return to "Hump Day" Bump