Mini Treat boxes

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Susan, so glad you got the crafting bug when you go home from the center..
Your two mini treat bags are very nice...I like the mini tags that you added on them.

Thank you for doing the challenge...
terrie

For Elaine and anyone else who wants to "Steal" the cocoa packet holder here are directions:

Cut a piece of CS to 8 1/2" by 5 1/2", fold it in half. Fold down right front cornerto the inside wherever you like. The more you fold down, the more of the cocoa will show. I put a little adhesive on the inside flap to keep it secured but you don't really have to. Put a thin strip of adhesive along the inside of the bottom so the cocoa doesn't fall out. Decorate the front as desired. Punch two holes on the right side for the ribbon and candy cane. Voila!

This is very quick unless you spend a lot of time dinking with the decoration. I think it could also be used for a gift card or anything that is fairly flat. You could also make it taller to accommodate a flat chocolate bar.
Ellie

Ellie, thanks for making it so easy to steal!
Elaine
eoconnell

Here is my coffee holder Terrie...
Attachments
DSCN0115-001.JPG
DSCN0115-001.JPG (66.3 KiB) Viewed 741 times
Jane
Jane from Utah

Trudi, your little purses are so very cute!

Ellie, it is definitely hot chocolate weather in WI. Might have to make a few of these for Christmas gifts this year. Hmmm... maybe I'll add a mini-bottle of Peppermint Schnapps to make it even more festive!

Susan, glad you were able to do some crafting therapy! And the results are lovely.

Jane, what a great way to gift coffee pods as gifts. Love the clothespin tag holder!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Jane, what a wonderful idea on your coffee holder...it's adorable
Thank you for doing this challenge...
terrie

Susan, sorry, somehow I missed your cute bags. I'm glad to see that you feel up to crafting. Both bags are great but I'm partial to the one with the ornament-it's so elegant!

Jane, anything involving coffee right up my alley! That holder is so cute!! I like the paper that looks like a sweater.
Ellie

I spent some time looking for a fun gift box idea and found a template for one that was pretty fast and easy... and I love the results! You can make this box with a fold-down top, and it will resemble a crayon box. I chose to keep it up, as I plan to fill it with chocolate dipped pretzels in a small cello bag for Christmas gifts.

If you'd like a copy of the free template, you can find it here-
http://www.mytimemadeeasy.com/store/ Click on Freebies to find the template called "Cutesy Cover". and it's pretty darned easy to assemble. She offers her products in many file formats (which can be used on various cutting machines and easily imported and then all cuts are straight, etc.) or request the templates in PDF format and either print them out on cardstock and cut them yourself, or cut it out on a template, trace around cardstock, and voila.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy, that is so pretty and elegant! Thanks for sharing the link. I will go check it out.
Jane
Jane from Utah

That is so cute, Kathy! I like the option of having a flap, too. The DP you used looks great. Thanks for sharing the link-I will definitely go get a pattern.
Ellie

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump