Looks Kinda Spooky to Me--Oct. 7

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Since it is Halloween month and everyone is making cute treat items and cards for Spooktacular kiddos I thought a color challenge that reflected that would be good.

Your challenge is to make something using black and orange with an added color that gives it a punch...like purple! It isn't normally seen with the traditional black/orange combo, but effectively gives a special touch to a Halloween project.

This does not have to be a Halloween themed project...just use the colors black, orange and_____________. (Choose something fun!)

Sorry I can't offer you samples. My hand just won't do it. It is hard to get to the work table with a leg that won't bend! To stay in the spirit of the thing, however, I so have some mummy looking appendages!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Marilyn, thanks for hosting in spite of you injuries! No problem on no photo, just happy to have you here.
Elaine
eoconnell

Marilyn, I'm glad you're in the spirit of it! Hmmm, I just did a fun black, purple and green card, yesterday. I'm not even sure how much orange I have. This will be fun.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Marilyn, just take care of yourself...
I have something in mind for this challenge...
terrie

Ditto to what our other friends said... fun challenge and glad you are taking care of yourself!
(Plus, Golda I saw your cute monster card on our blog and FB and it would be great for this challenge! So fun!)
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

I made this card a short time ago... but don't think I ever posted it. So... decided to share it now. It does have orange, dark grey, and yellow. But what I love is the sentiment. Saw it on Pinterest and just knew I had to use it on a card. Found a clip art dragon... and got 'er dun! It's hard to see the sentiment... so here it is- "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!"
Last edited by MrsAsperin-Kathy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

That is hilarious!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Lol, Kathy! The is funny and cute!
Marilyn Brown
Artist
Facebook: Paintbrushbrown
Paintbrushbrown

Great card Kathy....I like the sentiment...
terrie

I decided to play a little with the layout using the same type idea I did for Barry's challenge. I just did one bigger "flower." Though instead of paint chips I used (mostly) "scraps" from the wedding card I made the other day. So there's the black, orange, and the striped paper is actually red. (Not sure how well that shows up in the picture.)
The brad was the best one I could find. I'm not sure I'm in love with it, but the other options I had weren't working at all.

Again, I've left a sentiment off until I know what type card I might want to make it into.

SquaresWRoundedCornersBlackOrangeRed.JPG
SquaresWRoundedCornersBlackOrangeRed.JPG (124.19 KiB) Viewed 1141 times

Woah! Holy crazy lighting and shadows, Batman! :o Hubby is painting some minis and has a huge lamp on behind me...hence the craziness!
Whispers

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump