Jar Full of Wishes

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

Linda Jo, what a fantastic card! I absolutely love your bright and fun banner. All your matching buttons give it such a nice touch, too.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kinda Jo...I like your button mason jar and like the colorful colors...well done
terrie

Linda Jo, how creative to use polka dotted paper for the base of your button jar. So cute!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Linda Jo, what a cute jar of buttons! Colorful and cute!
Elaine
eoconnell

Why is it, that it is almost impossible to photograph glow-in-the dark stuff?

Okay, here is the card. I realize they are small butterflies, but I didn't have any lightening bug type images, so, they are embossed with glow in the dark ink, as is the sentiment. The pictures I tried to take of the glow, didn't work, just total black. Anyway, in the dark, it says, "You brighten my day." The patterned paper was supposed to look like a flower garden in dusk type lighting.

10-18-15 WCC Lightening Bugs (400x281).jpg
10-18-15 WCC Lightening Bugs (400x281).jpg (111.71 KiB) Viewed 664 times
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

I was inspired by the ideas for sentiments for my card. Plus... a few counties east of us had snow yesterday. So... turned my card into something a little different than what I had first envisioned.

Here is the cover and inner flap. The inside now says, "Thinking of you and missing you, too!"
ImageImage
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Golda, I LOVE your card! Butterlies are way prettier than lightening bugs... so they work for me.
And the background paper if perfect.

BTW- I remember the first time I caught lightening bugs and put them in a jar. The next morning I was sure that my mean brothers had stolen my pretty lightening bugs and put some ugly black bugs in the jar in their place!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Kathy - I love how fine tuned your card!

Golda - How fun that you used glow-in-the-dark on your card! Someone will have a delightful surprise in the evening!
Trudeenr

Golda, i can see the butterflies & I can imagine the sentiment. What a fun card! Where did you get glow inthe dark ink? Tthat would be great for kid cards. Thanks for doing my challenge.

Kathy, i like what you did with your card. I always picture myself relaxing on the beach when I have my blood pressure taken.
Ellie

Golda, what a great idea! I didn't know there was glo-in-the-dark ink; what a cool idea!

Kathy, great job on the finishing of your cards.
Elaine
eoconnell

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump