I'm just mad for brads! Jan 27 - Feb 2

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

OH Ellie that is hysterical. I loved your comment under your picture of your collection of brads "Someone needs to learn to say NO"! Awesome. I really like both cards and of course they have the masculine feel which is a challenge to do with cards let alone brads! I guess the nuts/bolts and tools helps :D . I like them. Thanks for playing along.
Barry
Prince of Paper

Ellie, those are both so cute! You should just keep going with the brads while they are out. And I did go through my stash and found some cute brads. I'm going to a crop today so stay tuned.
Elaine
eoconnell

Both of your cards are amazing, Ellie. And, thanks for a glimpse into the life of a brad addict!
I don't have many brads... and most are just basic, boring ones. So... I tried to use yellow ones to dress up a few silk blossoms. Kinda like the results.

Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Ellie, that is quite the brad collection! You put them to great use. My brother loves it when I use screw head brads on his cards.

Kathy, that is a good use of the little brads! Beautiful way to finish off and attach your flowers!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy, well done on making your flowers come alive with the yellow brads in the center of them...
Great card.
terrie

Very sweet card, Kathy! It's so "Springish". I know where you can get some brads if you want some. ;)
Ellie

Okay, here is a first attempt. The big flower is a brad, as is the brad with a flower on it through the tag hole.

1-30-16 STV WCC Tag Brad (318x400).jpg
1-30-16 STV WCC Tag Brad (318x400).jpg (118.39 KiB) Viewed 491 times

I have another, much cuter idea, so, hopefully I'll have time to work on that one, tomorrow.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Kathy you thought outside the box and added the brad for a center of a flower, which of course adds depth and interest to those tiny flowers (of which I have 4 jars of them) I like your gingham back ground too - getting ready for the "Wizard of Oz" crop coming up in a few weeks??? :D

Golda, nice job on the large brad flower to mimic the flower design. I like your color scheme as well.

Thank you both for playing along this week!
Barry
Prince of Paper

What a cheerful card, Golda! It would be a great get well card; those bright colors would cheer up anyone feeling down. Nice work!
Ellie

Very nice Golda...I agree with Ellie as a get well card....well done
Never knew brads could be bigger...but I like them
terrie

PreviousNext

Return to "Hump Day" Bump