Teabag Fold as Embellishment

An open ended midweek challenge to give you a little bump to get through the rest of the week! Begins on Wednesday mornings.

Moderator: eoconnell

My challenge to you is to make a card, tag, or any paper project that has a teabag folded piece as an embellishment. If you've never tried it, I posted a tutorial for the one I used in the Paper Chatter, Tutorial section yesterday. There are also many different folds on my blog [GoldaPete.WordPress.com], mostly from 2011 and 2012. There are also many that you can find online. Just find one you like, use it and share a picture of your project.

The one I used is usually a flower, but I thought it would make a good snowflake using vellum. The back side probably looks more like a snowflake, but wasn't quite what I wanted. Teabag folds are great, as most of them have more than one way they can be seen and can be adjusted for even more. Have fun with this one!

Dbl Str 5 Project (234x300).jpg
Dbl Str 5 Project (234x300).jpg (82.17 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

Participants:
Terrie
Trudi
Kathy
Trudi
Last edited by Golda on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Beatiful card, Golda. Just beautiful!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Cute Golda! Well done!

I'm still in turkey making mode...I have GOT to get those things finished!!! lol...I went out yesterday and broke a couple small branches from our magnolia tree so I can spray paint the leaves for my turkeys. (So aggravating that the stores quit selling fall leaves after Halloween... I didn't need holly berries or glitter covered Christmas boughs...I needed FALL LEAVES!!!--End rant.) It was too cold last night to be outside spray painting leaves in the dark though...So I've got to get that done..today? tomorrow?? Soon! I'll post a picture when I get them done. (I only have 5 left...unfortunately that only means 3 are done...)

So turkeys and bills have to take precedence. I'll see what I can do about playing though...Maybe next week?
Whispers

Sheri, I bet you could find a pattern for a teabag fold turkey. ;) Just kidding. Good luck getting your turkeys done.
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Great technique and challenge Golda
Your card is really nice
terrie

Here is mine.....the tea bag fold ( I think) is called "Christmas Tree Fold" I cut my square at 2 1/2 inch.
Attachments
11 19 014 Tea Bag Folding.jpg
11 19 014 Tea Bag Folding.jpg (204.42 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
terrie

Nicely done, Terrie! I love your pretty card with the embossed snow behind it. Thanks for playing along!
Golda
GoldaPete.WordPress.com
Golda

Golda, thank you for hosting and what a pretty fold you did!

Terrie, great job and so speedy of you! I really like your snowflake paper on the snowflake embossed background!
Elaine
eoconnell

Terrie, your card makes me think of one of my favorite Christmas Carols that mentions "Snow on snow on snow." So very pretty!
Kathy
MrsAsperin-Kathy

Very nice, Terrie!!

Turkeys aren't going so well. Yesterday I spray painted my finger orange... Thought you all would get a kick out of that. :lol: However TODAY will be a better day!! There WILL be progress!
Whispers

Next

Return to "Hump Day" Bump